Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
jackstrummer
My Device: Not Specified

Forwarding emails from Exchange Server to BB is delayed. Why?

I have set up a system where users' work address email is forwarded (via Exchange Server -> Delivery Options) to their BBs. However, the users have noticed a delay of 20 - 40 minutes between emails being sent to their work email account and actually arriving on their BBs. I looked in the queues of Exchange Server and found a queue specifically for all vodafone traffic. After 20 minutes or so, all the messages in the queue are sent out in bulk. I have tried forwarding to other accounts (other than vodafone) and everything runs fine without these long delays.

Vodafone have told me that this is an issue with the people at RIM, and that it is out of their hands.

Any ideas how I can get rid of thses delays?

(The users are not interested in any solutions which require their desktop PCs to be left running)

TIA for any ideas how I can speed these emails forwards along. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
BBsingh
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: Forwarding emails from Exchange Server to BB is delayed. Why?

try sending an email directly to the BlckBErry address and see if it arrives instantly, if yes the issue is on EXCH forwearding that mail.
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jackstrummer

Thanks for your reply.

It does arrive instantly, however, as I said initially, forwarding of emails to any other address works fine. It is just the forwarding to vodafone which has delays. I think Exchange queues it because it is having problems contacting the vodafone server. So the problem could lie outside of Exchange. The Vodafone people themselves intimated as much.

Question is, is there a way round the problem. Any people from RIM out there like to comment?

Thanks again.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mobilisation

Jack, this may be something to do with the BIS service being a "virtual push" service; its not like BES which recnociles information instantly, a BIS account goes and looks for mail approximately every 15 minutes or so. 

So in some cases a mail might just catch the polling just right, in other cases you'll get the full delay.

Please use plain text.