Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Forwarding settings

One feature I sorely miss from my old Nokia is in the forwarding settings.

On the nokia, I could program the phone to forward if I wasn't available (phone off, away from towers) but not forward if I was on the network.

On the BB Pearl 8120, I have to manually turn forwarding on or off.  If I forget and the phone is in the car when I'm at my landline, missed calls go to voicemail.  If I forget and turn the phone off, missed calls go to voicemail.

If I forget to turn it on and am on the road, missed calls go to landline (and vm).

Doesn't seem like much of a problem?  I know, but my phone should work smart, and work for me.  So this kind of flexibility (or missing flexibility) is software-only.  I don't know if it is a feature I need to send to my carrier or to RIM.

Steps involved:

1) awaken phone

2) select call log

3) select BB button

4) scroll to options 

5) click little white nipple marble

6) scroll to Call Forwarding

7) click little white nipple marble

8) wait for network connection

9) select 'do not forward/ph #'

10) select back button

11) click on 'save'

So... that procedure every time I need to toggle forwarding on or off?  It is more than a little thing.  Can we make this phone smarter? 

Contributor

Re: Forwarding settings

call logs and press menu - select options, select call forwarding, adjust the setings and press menu and then save
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Forwarding settings

Yes, just as I typed.

Every time I want to turn on  ... or turn off...  the setting.  Each cycle once, twice, perhaps three times a day or more.

Annoying for a 'smart' phone.