Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
faheem
My Device: Not Specified

GPRS Settings on Blackberry Curve 8310

Hi can someone please help me to configure my settings for GPRS on the Blackberry 8310 Curve as my brother gave me this phone unlocked and I am currently using this in Ireland and the meteor network for using the phone works fine: I would like to set up the GPRS settings manually on this phone is this possible ? so I can use the following: 1) WAP 2) Internet browsing 3) MMS 4) Email 5) Sat Nav I would appreciate if someone could tell me the steps involved with this as I dont have a clue. Much appreciated. Thanks Faheem
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: GPRS Settings on Blackberry Curve 8310

To be able to use WAP, Internet browsing, MMS, Email you need to subscribe for BlackBerry data plan for your phone. BlackBerry is not like other phone that can work with the above mentioned features only if the GPRS setting can be put in place. BlackBerry device work with a special APN called blackberry.net which need to be assigned by your carrier (done by provisioning) in your SIM card. Except that there is no other way of using BlackBerry for above mentioned features.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit