Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

phochkins
My Device: Not Specified

Getting rid of MULTIPLE calendars

I just discovered that I have 3 calendars - one for my business Outlook email address. (which I want), and one called <my name>@vzw.blackberry.net (which I don't want) and another called "Desktop". I ONLY want the ONE that synchs with my business Outlook email address. How do I get rid of these other two?? I just learned today that an entry I made on my BB did not synch with my laptop Outlook becasue it was in the "desktop" calendar.

I would also LOVE to get rid of the <my name>@vzw.blackberry.net EM address becuase I get two of every email. I have Verizon service and I don't know if that EM address is required. Can someone PLEASE help?? I not have 3 calendars all with separate appointments on them. I wnat ONE consolidated calendar on my BB and on my laptop (business Outlook). thanks!

Please use plain text.
Visitor
AElston

Re: Getting rid of MULTIPLE calendars

Anyone ever find an answer to this?

Our CEO has an 8110 with 2 Desktop calendars, one of which will sync (but only one way, this is my second issue), the other wont.

I want to get rid of one of these calendars to leave a single desktop calendar.   I have seen that you can clear the calendar using the Desktop manager software, but this will not delete the calendar, only remove the entries from it......I think.

Is the only way of getting rid of this additional desktop calendar by clearing the device completely?  I really dont want to do that!

Cheers

Andy

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

hello,

many people having a curve would nearly kill to have multiple calendars in their Blackberry. Is this a Pearl feature ?
4.3 / 4.5 ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
witchyknitter

I figured out which calendar was syncing, by making a few "test" entries.  Then I went into my service books and deleted the CICAL for each email address I did NOT want a calendar for.  The next part was a "bit" slow, but go through calendar and re-put the entries in on the right calendar.  It's taken some time, but I've gotten mine ironed out.  Also, make sure that your default services in options>advanced options are set correctly.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
witchyknitter

I get a calendar option for every email address that I add.  It's rather a pain, actually, for me.
Please use plain text.
Bcaldwell

This worked perfectly!  I just got a new curve and upgraded to 4.5 software yesterday.  I never had multiple calendars with my 8830 world edition, so this was new to me.  I was baffled at how to remove all of the ones I didn't need.  Thank you for the great post!
Please use plain text.
New Developer
drspence
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Tmobile

Not sure if this will help your situation or not, but there's a utility you can download that will let you syncrhonize all calendars to your main calendar on the device.

CalendarSync

Cheers...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to give Kudos where appropriate :smileyhappy:

Get email accident protection with ReplyGuard!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
CrypticAzn
My Device: BB Torch 9800 v6.0, Bundle 2647 / BB Desktop Mgr v6.1.0.35 (bundle 34)

[ Edited ]

Go to your Calendar, then go to its Menu button > Options, then type MOVE. (You won't see this typed on the screen.)  This will invoke a popup, asking if you'd like to move/merge your calendars into the device default (1 calendar).  After you've OK'ed this, do a battery pull while your BB is turned on, and this will get you set up.

You will have this issue again in the future unless you remove all of the other calendars [CICAL] listed in your Service Books.  For more info on merging calendars and such, here's a good link to get you started:

http://www.port3101.org/featured-blackberry-kb-articles/1672-kb19240-how-merge-multiple-calendars-in...

Hope this helps!  Pls. click on the "star" to give me kudos if this helped. Thanks.

~^~ CrypticAzn ~^~
- Pls. click on the LIKE button of this post if I was able to help you in some way. Thanks!
- If I've helped resolve your issue, don't forget to go to the top-right of this post and click on "OPTIONS > ACCEPTED SOLUTION". Thanks!
- See my profile for helpful links!
Please use plain text.
rummi17

THANK YOU!!!!! I was unable to use any of the new themes for my Curve 8530 because of the calendar problem. I even emailed the developer and he didn't know what the problem was! If I knew where you lived I'd come and kiss you!!!

Dana ( previously frustrated 64yr old grandma) :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
saucycontessa
My Device: Blackberry Tour
My Carrier: Verizon

I am about to throw my Blackberry into the nearest river, but common sense is telling me to breathe through this.

I use Google calendar on my desktop and sync it to my phone.

All of a sudden i have 4 calendars showing up on the phone (Device Default, Facebook, and one for each of my e-mail accounts).

I take it i can delete some calendars.  However, how can i change the device default calendar?

thanks for saving yet one more Blackberry from river death.

Please use plain text.