Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Tour
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Getting rid of MULTIPLE calendars

FYI -- if you follow CrypticAzn's tip (two or three messages up), you WILL LOSE ALL DATA IN YOUR PHONE......please don't do this!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: O2

I was in exactly the same boat until I saw this forum.

To change the default calendar, go to Options ..... Advanced Options .. Default Services and choose it from the dropdown.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Tour

great!  where are options and advanced options?  have i completely lost my mind?

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

@saucycontessa : please red the following article from the public knowledge base. Among other valuable information, you will see how to choose which calendar you want to be the default one.

KB17992 Using the Calendar application on a BlackBerry smartphone that supports multiple CICAL service books

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

KB19240 - How to merge multiple calendars into one calendar on the BlackBerry smartphone

EDIT: Link removed - instead of linking another blog that's just relink a KB article originating from the RIM website, get it from the source. Please review Terms & Conditions on posting links to other pages.

My Device: Blacberry 8900
My Carrier: vodacom

:smileyhappy:

Thank you very much. On my BB 8900 I suddenly had the same problem, but I found (AFTER READING YOUR ADVICE) I had first to delete the unwanted calenders (Cical) so as to move them to base and then use the MOVE option on the Calender Menu.

This stupid exodus on my Calender cost me a whole working day, so I am very gratefull for the help.

Cobie Odendaal

South africa

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: ATT

The only way to mass delete is to clear the entire calendar via Desktop Manager. This can be done by selecting Backup and Restore > Select Advanced > Select "Calendar" and "Calendar - All" in the right window > Select Clear at the bottom of the right window. Now go into Options > Advanced Options > Default Services > Ensure Calendar is configured the same as the other entries > Perform a synchronization and your calendar will be added back onto the device.

Note: It is recommended that you perform a backup using Desktop manager before following these steps.

Regular Contributor
My Device: BB Torch 9800 v6.0, Bundle 2647 / BB Desktop Mgr v6.1.0.35 (bundle 34)

[ Edited ]

@saucycontessa - You shouldn't lose all of your data, and you should do a backup of your data any time you're tinkering around with your BB.  It may seem like you've lost data, when it may just be because the calendar that's currently selected is EMPTY; it's data was moved.  You'll have to select the other calendar as default; it's the one that the data was moved to. As I said, if you have more than one calendar [CICAL] listed, it'll be a pain in the rear because you could be entering data into one, syncing into another, and the BB's calendar may have other stuff on it... forcing your data to be spread out everywhere instead of having it all viewable/accessible in one place.

The Facebook calendar is a setting in your Facebook app's Options/settings, where it asks if you'd like to have your calendar sync'ed to facebook, etc.  Device default calendar is usually the BB's default, standard one, plus you have one calendar showing up per email.  Make one of them your default, delete the other CICALs (or move them into one calendar to use as default), and change your facebook app settings.

~^~ CrypticAzn ~^~
- Pls. click on the LIKE button of this post if I was able to help you in some way. Thanks!
- If I've helped resolve your issue, don't forget to go to the top-right of this post and click on "OPTIONS > ACCEPTED SOLUTION". Thanks!
- See my profile for helpful links!
My Device: Bold 9650

- OK I FINALLY FIGURED THIS OUT

I have multiple email accounts associated with my BB so I had all of these different calendars driving me nuts and I had to select one each time I loaded the calendar to avoid multiple entries....here's the fix:

1)  backup all calendars....I only use Google Calendar so everything was good for me.

2)  delete ALL CICALS from service books under advanced options - services books....this will allow for only 1 calendar (default)

3)  now open google sync back up and set your calendar(s) from google to sync

4)  sync now syncs to the default calendar and all future entries will get added to default...you will not have to select a different calendar each time you restart your BB or open the calendar.

ALL FIXED!

My Device: Torch 9800

Thanks for the fix.  It worked perfect and now all my changes on bb sync to outlook.