Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Developer
torpesco
My Device: Z10, PlayBook
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Gmail BIS plugin on OS 7.1 vs 6 - how to make 7.1 more like 6?

[ Edited ]

I recently bought a 9790. I was on a Pearl 3G with OS 6. I really miss the OS 6 behaviour for my inboxes.

On OS 6, if I sent an email, the sent message would show up in the general "Messages" view, but not when I selected the icon for a specifc account. Now, on 7.1, when I send an email, the sent message shows up in both views. This also means that even if I've archived a conversation, if I have replied on it, the conversation shows up in my inbox (with the "archive" option correctly not available).

The big problem with this is that now if I keep a couple emails as "unread" as a prompt to act on them soon, they are drowned out by all the conversations I've replied on (plus new emails I've sent).

If I pick "view folder" from the menu and then browse to the actual "inbox" from Gmail, I get exactly the view I want.

Is there any way to pick the default folder to display?

Thinking it might have been related to the device transfer, I went so far as to completely remove one account from my BIS service and then add it back. Still the same behaviour.

I don't want to use the "hide sent messages" option. I didn't have to do that on OS 6, and it is not what I want. I *do* want to see sent messages in the general "Messages" view, or even when I open a conversation on which I've received a new email.

Any ideas?

Please use plain text.