Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Contributor
dzheredas
My Device: Not Specified

HELP!!! After faulty update of BB's 8310 OS computer no longer recognizes usb device

[ Edited ]
i can tell more about it: i had a BB 8310 with working 4.2.2 OS, later i updated it to newest 4.5 version (i updated it using  newest apploader 4.5)  and it worked fine, but when i installed desktop software 4.5 and uploaded one game second programs action was - it said: updateing system software, i thought maybe it had found some more new system software or something. After that it had rebooted the BB, computer said "completed succesfully" , but the phone didn't start - it went all white and said "549" error. everything i thought would be fixable, but from that point computer doesn't seem to recognize my phone. i did all the possible steps i could find on forums, like: puting baterry in and while the led is red puting mini usb cable in, but nothing seems to work. Is it fixable? i know for i fact that the cable is working. Please good people - help.
Message Edited by dzheredas on 08-03-2009 04:57 PM
Developer
johnbibs
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800

Re: HELP!!! After faulty update of BB's 8310 OS computer no longer recognizes usb device

try using the latest desktop software 4.7.
Contributor
dzheredas

Re: HELP!!! After faulty update of BB's 8310 OS computer no longer recognizes usb device

it doesn't help, i've allready using the latest.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Are you sure the error you saw was "549" -- there is no hit for that in the KBs...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
dzheredas

i pretty sure, it has a square , sirckle and a piramid, all of those in one application window with X crosed on in. it down to it is writen 549
and the device doesn't boot, it just stays in this kind of mode.... and computer when i put it to usb says :" unrecognized usb device"
Developer
johnbibs
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800

have you tried plugging it on a different machine? 

549 is unused error.

http://www.crackberryaddicted.com/blackberryforums/cba-knowledgebase/1197-jvm-error-codes-their-mean...

Contributor
dzheredas

yes, i have tried to plug it to 3 different devices: vista x64, vista x32, xp x32,; and all the diffrent usb ports, but you see the deal is that phone was found every other time before the unsuccesful updating of phones operating system, before the update my computer have found the phone with no problem, after the install (which was unsuccesful) whoom presented with that 549 error and no booting and unrecognizable be the computer no more.. and to all the bad that happend.. my warrenty went out six days ago ;(

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

OK...even though 549 is not documented in the RIM KB's, it sounds like your BB got bricked in the attempted update process. Here are some articles that might help you recover it:

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-lecture-12-how-reload-operating-system-nuked-blackberry

http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/jl-cmdr-83938/

http://adlen45.activeboard.com/index.spark?forumID=123568&p=3&topicID=18834966

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
dzheredas

nothing helps.... i've tried everything, when i turn on Loader program and i see Com1 - i do like is written : i put in the battery to the phone and connect the mini usb plug, i've done this a hundred times but COM1 doesnt change to USB like it suppose to.... i'am frustrated... this is a nightmare.. please can any body have any ideas? iam attaching two photos, first shows what is show on the phone when its on, and second how computer responds when i connect the phone with it.

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

you need to solve the USB issue first.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryDesktopSoftware&thread.id=3...
HOWTO : use your blackberry as a USB device

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: