Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hard or Soft Reset on a 8320???

Does anyone know how manually do a hard or soft reset without having to pull the battery out on the 8320??? I believe on a 8820 (may be another model) you have to hit Alt+left shift+del. But that's for the soft reset.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold

Re: Hard or Soft Reset on a 8320???

I believe the only way to do a hard reset is to remove battery.

From Blackberry:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02141&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=118904702&stateId=1%200%20118902444 

CEO/Editor In Cheif
www.SmartphoneNation.com

Regular Contributor

Yes, the hard reset is done by removing the battery.

If your concerned about data loss, unlike earlier devices the BlackBerry should not loose any data if you remove the battery and replace it (leave it out for about 10 seconds)

If it does, theres likely an underlying hardware issue. 

Contributor

hold alt + right shift + delete

this is a soft reset on all qwerty devices. as for the hard reset, you will not lose data from the hard reset. if you are losing data and have to do the reset, you will need to check your free memory.

Contributor

Try this, do the reset as normal, however when your BB is rebooting and the white screen appears do the reset again, this will put the BB in a "hard reset". The reason for my suggestion is with the first reset you will reboot back to your homescreen, with the second reset you will be locked out, in my case because I have a auto lock. Eh, just a suggestion, nothing works better than a battery pull while holding the power button for 30 seconds. :smileywink:
Contributor

if you backup your data, you can goto security options, general settings, press menu and select wipe handheld, select continue and then type blackberry and press trackball
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold

I wouldn't suggest doing that unless your selling the device or something. That is more like clearing the device, when you put all your things and programs back on it, the Blackberry will run just like it did before.
CEO/Editor In Cheif
www.SmartphoneNation.com