Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Help with BEGINETP messages

Recently, I had to reinstall my blackberry software on my computer because of company IT server issues. I believe that I set everything up correctly as I'm not having any sync issues and am getting my emails on my handheld device. The device that I have is a Blackberry 8703e.

However, since I have reinstalled the software yesterday, I've received more than 75 (and still getting more) messages from network@etp1109.etp.na.blackberry.net

The message states: "This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server."

Then it has BEGINETP with a three digit number after it.. the number have not all been the same. Following this message is a lengthy code.

I'm relatively new to the Blackberry scene, so any help would be really appreciated.

Steph

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Koodo

Re: Help with BEGINETP messages

Hey Steph,

Sounds like when you re-installed Desktop Manager, it was installed with Desktop Redirector, rather than BlackBerry Internet Service. Re-installing for BIS and deleting the "Desktop [CMIME] and Desktop [CICAL]" from the BB should fix the issue. RIM has a KB you can use, which I'm including the link to below.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04254

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Help with BEGINETP messages

Are you BIS or BES?

BIS -

First, remove all of the Desktop service books from the BlackBerry smartphone.

1. From the Home screen on the BlackBerry smartphone, click Options.
  2. Click Advanced Options.
  3. Click Service Book.
  4. In the service book list, select the Desktop [CMIME] service book.
  5. Display the menu and select Delete.
  6. In the service book list, select the Desktop [CICAL] service book.
  7. Display the menu and select Delete.

If installed desktop manager with integration option with 'Blackberry Enterprise Server or BlackBerry Desktop Redirector' then this could happen. If either the Email Settings or Redirector Settings icon is displayed, uninstall BlackBerry Desktop Manager or modify the configuration of the BlackBerry Desktop Manager to support the BlackBerry Internet Service.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit