Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
achikleo
My Carrier: celcom malaysia

How To Fix (Reinstall) Device Software For Blackberry Curve 8520

I'm using Blackberry 8520 (Curve) smartphone (EDGE, Wi-Fi) v5.0.01067 (Bundle 1728, Platform 5.2.0.96)

Few days ago, i mistaken (maybe) deleted few files (OS files) and as a result, my phone not working as it should.

What should i do to get my phone works as before (such as a new set i buy)?

Do i have to reinstall the OS again?If YES, where can i get the right OS and procedure to do it?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Carrier: Telus

Re: How To Fix (Reinstall) Device Software For Blackberry Curve 8520

Hi there,

I would suggest reloading your OS as well.

To do that, simply follow the steps in the link below and you should be back up and running in short order.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

I hope this info helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
achikleo
My Carrier: celcom malaysia

Thanks for you respond

I followed your instruction 'How To Reload Your Operating System

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Carrier: Telus

Hmm, if that's the case, try proceeding anyhow. If it doesn't work correctly, then go to http://bbsak.org and download and install a program called BBSAK to your computer. Then plug your BlackBerry in and run the program. Enter your password if you have one, then press OK. Your device PIN should appear on the next screen. Press the wipe button, which will then delete all of the data on your device and will leave your device with a 507 error. You can then run the Loader.exe file, and reload the OS, no need to do step 4.

If BBSAK is unable to connect to your phone, press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your computer to open the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and shut down the bbdevmgr process. Then go back to BBSAK and click on the Connect button. It will now connect.

I hope this helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
sonam_gupta_24
My Carrier: Mobile Store

Blackberry curve keeps on restarting many times a day

I have purchased my bb curve 8520 one year ago. Now , it keeps on rebooting after evry half an hour which is very annoying. I have already uninstalled all the third party apps.

Please help.

OS -  v5.0.0.1036 (Bundle 1682, Platform 5.2.0.104)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
alikadhian12
My Carrier: indosat

Where I can get software bold 9780(onyx II) os 6.0 bundle 2115,I have unlocked carrier,asia-pacific thnx;p
Bold 9780 device OS 6.0 bundle 2949
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mandy_83
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi, the loader does not go beyond the first screen.. 

Gets hung on "Connecting to the Device JVM" - Pls suggest

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Carrier: TMobile USA

alikadhian12 wrote:
Where I can get software bold 9780(onyx II) os 6.0 bundle 2115,I have unlocked carrier,asia-pacific thnx;p

Hello,

All BB OS packages are available via the official download portal:

Unfortunately, since the release process is controlled by the carriers, that site is first in order by carrier. Hence, if you wish to seek out an OS from a different carrier, you must first dig to find out which carriers support your model BB, and then see what OS versions they support.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.