Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Elite I
Krypto
My Carrier: Telus

Re: How To Reload Your Operating System

Hi noname_kbh,

The Bold 9930 does not have a radio turner integrated in the device, so that feature is not available on the Bold 9930. That feature is only available for certain models, including some of the new Curve models.

I'm not sure I understand your second problem correctly. Can you reexplain the issue?

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
noname_kbh
My Carrier: 3.dk

before when I put my Bold 9930 in my desktop charger, then it charge and when it was finished charging, so it was on external power.and 100% in battery

But now after upgrading the OS, when finish Charting, it uses power from the battery and then after 1 - 2 hours charging it up again, and so it continues.when I take my BlackBerry in the morning so there are only 85% of the battery.

before then there were always 100% battery in the morning when I took my BlackBerry
I hope you understand me

I have taken A Scren print of my battery moinitor ( BatteryWatch 1.9.13 )  if you like I can send it to you so you can see what I mean
Regards 
ben 

Please use plain text.
RandyBayBay
My Carrier: MTN South Africa

my phone keeps rebooting itself. It starts rebooting then it switches off again and starts again. is this also because of my OS?? Also is it possible for me to upgrade it in its current state??

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

noname_kbh wrote:
before when I put my Bold 9930 in my desktop charger, then it charge and when it was finished charging, so it was on external power.and 100% in battery

But now after upgrading the OS, when finish Charting, it uses power from the battery and then after 1 - 2 hours charging it up again, and so it continues.when I take my BlackBerry in the morning so there are only 85% of the battery.

before then there were always 100% battery in the morning when I took my BlackBerry
I hope you understand me

I have taken A Scren print of my battery moinitor ( BatteryWatch 1.9.13 )  if you like I can send it to you so you can see what I mean
Regards 
ben 

Hi Ben,

I'm wondering if this is the issue - there is an issue that appeared on certain OS versions (including 7.1.0.163, which is likely the OS you're on) where the battery appears to drain really fast after taking it off the charger.  Most users find it drops from 100% to 92 or 91% essentially right away, then it drains normally.  This seems to be a problem with how the battery is reporting the battery life, rather than how it's charging.  If that's not the issue you're experiencing, then I would recommend reloading the OS as it shouldn't drain while plugged in.  To deal with the battery reporting issue I described above, unfortunately there is nothing that can be done until an OS upgrade is available.

I'm not sure if you are using an unlocked phone (I think you might be), but if you aren't, you can report this to your carrier.  If you are using an unlocked 9930 from the US on a different carrier, then unfortunately you'll just have to wait for the time being.  Hopefully a new OS will be released soon.

Good luck!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

RandyBayBay wrote:

my phone keeps rebooting itself. It starts rebooting then it switches off again and starts again. is this also because of my OS?? Also is it possible for me to upgrade it in its current state??

Hi RandyBayBay,

It may be an issue related to files that have become corrupted or other.  You should be able to get back up and running using the steps in the first post of this thread, and yes, that will work to upgrade your OS as well.

If you have problems getting your phone to connect to your computer, remove the battery and unplug the phone.  When you're on the second screen of the loader.exe file (where your device PIN should show), plug the phone back in, and as soon as your PIN pops up in the drop down box, click Next.  If PIN:UNKNOWN shows up, click Next as well.  And don't worry if you miss it, just unplug the phone and plug it back in again to retry.

Once your computer has connected to the phone, put the battery back in and proceed with the OS reinstall/upgrade.

Good luck!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
noname_kbh

Thanks a lot for your answer
It seams that I have to wait for a upgrade of OS,
is it not possible to go back to the old OS ? ( OS 7)
if not I have to wait...
Regards
Ben
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

Hi Ben, you actually can downgrade. Just download OS 7.0 to your computer, install it, then downgrade. If you need, let me know what carrier your phone is tied to and I'll find the OS for you.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
noname_kbh

[ Edited ]

Hello Krypto !

I have Bold 9930 I think it come from Verizon ( it say Verizon in front under space button) and the name come up in screen when reboot ) it unlock
I be so happy if you can find me a link I can use ( in Denmark ) to dovnload OS 7
here in Denmark I use 3 dk. as my Carrier.
It a mobile I have purchased in Thailand

Regards
Ben

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

Hi Ben,

Try using this link to download 7.0.0.374 directly from Verizon:

http://pcdn1-download.vzw.com/win/A7.0/9930cmpttAMEA_PBr7.0.0_rel1739_PL5.0.0.552_A7.0.0.374.exe

Once it's downloaded, install it to your computer and you can follow the steps on the first page to download. Just make sure that you uninstall OS 7.1 first if you manually downloaded it.

I hope this helps!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
noname_kbh

[ Edited ]

Hey Krypto !

I am sorry I can´t see were to dovngrade my OS
It dovnloade to computer and oppen BlackBerry Desktop Software
I have try to restore it,
but In Blackberry desktop software is still say software version 7,1 bundel 457
How to uninstall OS 7,1 ??