Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
My Device: Blabkberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: ATT

Re: How To Reload Your Operating System

o and it doesnt have 2 be tmobile

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Ist method failed. Second method successful. Many Thanks!

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Excellent!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Virgin

[ Edited ]

Big thanks for this thread and particularly to Krypto.

My daughter's Curve 9300 had become virtually unusable due to constant freezing.

Process took me close to 4 hours due to the problem with the phone as I struggled to get the thing to connect to the pc and even when I did the **bleep** thing would freeze, I'd lose connections and have to start all over again.

Anyway, got there in the end and with a fresh install of the OS the phone is now working fine; no freezes at all.

Accidentprone

Elite I

Thanks for the kind words Accidentprone and I'm glad the steps helped, even if it did take a little effort! Hope your daughter's phone works well for a while now!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Virgin

Happy to say that over 24 hours later 9300 is behaving immaculately!

Accidentprone 

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: O2 UK

I went through the process, but the software installation took a few minutes, and on my desktop BB software, it still says the OLD bundle number for the software, not the one I just tried to install. I deleted the Vendor file and followed everything as it said

Am I doing something wrong?

(I have to do this as the phone keeps rebooting/flashing white screen etc)

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi I'm new to BB and this forum.

Just got an unlocked 9900, found a few issues, e.g. unable to use BB maps, App worlds, etc. So I want to reload the OS. I'm now on Vodafone sim, but I don't know if reloading with Vodafone UK OS (downloaded from link on blackberry website) will make it locks to vodafone. any idea?

Elite I

ol753 wrote:

I went through the process, but the software installation took a few minutes, and on my desktop BB software, it still says the OLD bundle number for the software, not the one I just tried to install. I deleted the Vendor file and followed everything as it said

Am I doing something wrong?

(I have to do this as the phone keeps rebooting/flashing white screen etc)

Hi there,

Try uninstalling all of the device software from your computer via the Control Panel > Programs & Features, then reboot your computer.  Once you've done that, redownload and reinstall the OS you actually want to use on your phone.  Next, delete the Vendor.xml file like you did before.  Now try to reload the OS.

Does that now work?  If not, the next step would be to search your computer for any other copies of the Vendor.xml file (there may be one in a user folder).  And the last two things to try would be to disconnect from the Internet (works some of the time), or wipe your device using a program such as BBSAK.

Let me know if you need the steps on how to use BBSAK.  

I hope that info helps out!

Highlighted
Elite I

superlattice wrote:

Hi I'm new to BB and this forum.

Just got an unlocked 9900, found a few issues, e.g. unable to use BB maps, App worlds, etc. So I want to reload the OS. I'm now on Vodafone sim, but I don't know if reloading with Vodafone UK OS (downloaded from link on blackberry website) will make it locks to vodafone. any idea?

Hi superlattice,

Reloading the OS with the Vodafone UK OS will not lock your phone to Vodafone UK or any other carrier, so you're all clear there. That said though, if your phone is from a different carrier originally, you will need to delete a file called Vendor.xml first.  This file is located in the same folder as the Loader.exe file, so just delete it before running the Loader.exe file and you should be all good to go!