If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Contributor
ll869360
My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: o2

Re: How To Reload Your Operating System

thankyou for all your help Jsanders 

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Hi everyone,

Sorry, I've been busy for a little while. If any of you are still having issues or need responses to questions, please post back. :smileyhappy:

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
prc13
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Hey im in some real trouble, ive done everything mentioned on the first few pages of this thread to reload my Blackberry 8520's operating system, it runs all smoothly until halfway through the process i get an error message saying "application loader was uable to connect to your device. Please re connect your device, enter the password if required, then retry" This is a real problem because i dont have a password on my blackberry. Everytime i click retry the same message pops up. ive tried taking the battery out and re doing it bus still the message pops up. Can someone help me please? 

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

Try entering the wrong password 10 times in a row. That will perform a security wipe of the phone as well, which will get you past that point. Since you already backed up your data, you should be safe.

If that doesn't work, let us know and we'll see if there is anything else that may help.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
prc13
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

i dont have a password thats the problem

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,872
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

prc13 wrote:

i dont have a password thats the problem

Right... do as Krypto said. Just enter any wrong password ten times.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Janolapinoo
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Bell

Hey  Guys,

Hopefully you can help me, I rencently orderd a unlock verizon blackberry storm 2 9550 and I can't seem to work with my Bell sim card (i live in canada) i always seem to only get the S.o.S symbol next to the network service bar! 

thanks for you help! 

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,872
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

If I recall.correctly, Bell allows only devices purchased from them. 

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

Janolapinoo wrote:

Hey  Guys,

Hopefully you can help me, I rencently orderd a unlock verizon blackberry storm 2 9550 and I can't seem to work with my Bell sim card (i live in canada) i always seem to only get the S.o.S symbol next to the network service bar! 

thanks for you help! 

As Jsanders suggested, a Verizon 9550 will not work on Bell.  The reason for this is that the GSM portion of the Storm 9550 (what you would use your SIM card for) is only capable of running on 2G networks in North America, but the Bell network is not backwards compatible with 2G (only works with 3G or newer).  The other way you could connect your 9550 to the Bell network is by the CDMA network, but Bell (or any other CDMA carrier) will not accept phones from other carriers on the CDMA network, so that won't work either.

So what does this mean?  You can take the Storm to Rogers or Fido (it will work there), or you can sell it again and get a phone that will work on the Bell network. 

I hope that info helps.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shoieb
My Device: curve8520
My Carrier: mobily

just u have to do is install the blackberry desktop software and den connect yr phone to the laptop and downgrade the version...

Please use plain text.