Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: How To Reload Your Operating System

n15091976 wrote:

Hi All,

My Phone is not showing as connected, so how do i re-install OS.

My phone is not showing any LED glowing, when i connect to charger, led glows for 5-10 seconds and nothing happens

not able to switch on

While connected to the charging source, remove the battery for a minute and replace.

Will it reboot? or how far in the process does it go?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
bikram5252
My Device: 9790

can i use this for reloding my bold 9790 also
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

yes bikram5252, you can.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
sugarlightly
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

How To Reload Your Operating System

Right so I need help with reloading the OS onto my blackberry. (Reload Software: 507) i.e. the phone DOES turn on but has nothing to show on the screen apart from a computer window with a line through it and the words Reload Software: 507

I was just trying to completely wipe my phone, couldnt do it via BB Desktop Manager as it wouldnt install, so I did a complete wipe using BBSAK.

After realising I would need to download an new OS for my device I went to the website in the original post and downloaded the one that I needed (T Mobile UK). I have now tried all 3 of them and have had no luck in restoring my phone. There is not a T Mobile SIM in the phone at the moment, it is a VIZZ one which uses vodafone signal. I have also tried downloading all Vodafone UK OS

Every time I install an OS on my computer and try to load it through BBSAK I get a pop up box which says "No OS found. Please install an OS for your phone"

I have now (after a lengthy battle with Windows) managed to install BB Desktop Manager and I get this pop up : "Blackberry Desktop Software cannot communicate with the connected device"

AppLoader tells me that "The BlackBerry Desktop Software does not have BlackBerry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer." and does not let me progress

HELPHELPHELPHELP PLEASE

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

hello sugarlightly,

these articles from the public knowledge base may help:

KB02792 BlackBerry smartphone displays Error message “507” when upgrading BlackBerry Device Software

KB20371 BlackBerry Desktop Manager cannot communicate with the connected BlackBerry device

KB10144 How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
sugarlightly
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

OMG ok i literally fixed my problem the second I posted that.

Just in case anyone has this problem as well:

When I went into AppLoader and started the LOADER.EXE program, I was clicking on the 'Recommended' option on the applications bit (I cant remember which bit it was). When I clicked on the other one (the one that wasn't 'recommended') I just clicked next and everything was fine.

New Contributor
lamence7
My Device: 9000 bold

my phone cant respond to the computer,its blank no led indicator when i try to charge it,doesnt do anything

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Hi lamence7,

If you aren't seeing the LED light at all when you try to plug the phone in, that would suggest a major hardware fault. Assuming you've left the phone plugged in long enough that it should be charged, try to remove the battery and then reinstall it. Do you see any red LED at that point? If not, I'd assume the motherboard on the phone is likely dead. And unfortunately, if that's the case, reloading the software will not help. Your best bet is hat if you still have a warranty on your phone, take it in. If the warranty is over, you're likely going to be looking for a new phone.

Sorry, and good luck.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
fehmidababa
My Device: Bold 3-9700

my phone says app ressor 603 reset. what should i do to solve the problem? kindly help asap.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

fehmidababa wrote:

my phone says app ressor 603 reset. what should i do to solve the problem? kindly help asap.

Article ID: KB23951 "Error 603", "App Error 603", or "JVM 603" appears on the BlackBerry smartphone

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code