Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

norman-g-mansor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Celcom Malaysia

Re: How To Reload Your Operating System

My BlackBerry has crashed on me once too often. Apart from that, it is a truly great  device.

I've had three so far and am now using the Curve 8520 preceeded by a Bold 9000 and before that an 8700g.

My question is, how can I save whatever applications, be it BB official and third party alike, to my desktop saved OS? Because each time my device crashes and I perform a wipe and reload of the OS, all my previously downloaded app do not appear in the app loader of the desktop. Once I have successfully reloaded my OS, I have to go to each site and download the  apps all over again. It's tiring and time consuming.

Just wonder if it's possible to save all the apps on the desktop.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

norman-g-mansor wrote:

My BlackBerry has crashed on me once too often. Apart from that, it is a truly great  device.

I've had three so far and am now using the Curve 8520 preceeded by a Bold 9000 and before that an 8700g.

My question is, how can I save whatever applications, be it BB official and third party alike, to my desktop saved OS? Because each time my device crashes and I perform a wipe and reload of the OS, all my previously downloaded app do not appear in the app loader of the desktop. Once I have successfully reloaded my OS, I have to go to each site and download the  apps all over again. It's tiring and time consuming.

Just wonder if it's possible to save all the apps on the desktop.

Thanks.

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

While it's actually recommended to always install apps new (so as to make sure that a prior corrupt installation doesn't restore as such), there are ways to do what you are asking for. Here is a thread from another forum that discusses the ability:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
amn_urs
My Device: STORM

Hi I have downloaded the storm 2 OS from verizon site as my mobile is unlocked of verizon. It was asking for phone number. I forgot actual number and gave some another number just guess (some radnom number) and downloaded the application. Does this application works with my phone why i am asking is is there any relation between the number we are giving before download the software?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

No, the number you enter on their site does not affect the download. The only important thing is that you use a device OS that matches the exact model number of your BB. And, you don't even have to use VZWs published OS. If you want to use a newer OS from another carrier, you can (with a trick or two, of course).

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
amn_urs

Hi Thanks for the reply. Actually my problem is when i bought the mobile with out sim card I was able to use browser as hotspot browser over wifi. I did browsing for some days with out sim card over my home wifi.  Latter i started using sim card activate BIS services (unlimited plan including emails, messanger nd browsing). Recently i have changed the plan to unlimited email and messanger only. not browsing because i can browse over wifi in my office and home. But there is no browser icon is appearing on my hand set. If i select switch application there i can see browser icon if select it it is saying there are no services books available for browser configuration. When i contact my provider they asked to go option->advanced options->browser there i have to select default browser configuratoin as hot spot browser. But default browser configuration is empy. Nothing is  there to select. They asked me to reinstall the OS. I tried by resending services book, and registering host routing table network. But no use. If i remove the sim card and boot the phone i am able to see browser icon but not able to use. It is not opening at all. If I insert the sim card and boot the phone not able to see browser icon. Only reinstalling OS solve this issue? or is there any other  way ?

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Wow...that is massively different than what you first posted...pity.

Typically, the BB Browser is only enabled when you have the appropriate data plan from your carrier. You can use other browsers -- try BOLT or OperaMini.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
amn_urs

But i should be able to use hot spot browser right?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hisyamz
My Device: Storm 9500
My Carrier: Maxis Mobile, Malaysia

Hello.. I was thinking, can i upgrade my OS not using web based upgrade?

I've downloaded the upgrade file on my laptop, and it seems like I couldn't find how do I put it on my Storm... :smileysad:

Pls help.... I hope here is the right place to ask...

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

hisyamz wrote:

Hello.. I was thinking, can i upgrade my OS not using web based upgrade?

I've downloaded the upgrade file on my laptop, and it seems like I couldn't find how do I put it on my Storm... :smileysad:

Pls help.... I hope here is the right place to ask...

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

The method of update that you are seeking instruction for is actually my preferred and recommended method...I see too many issues with all of the others. The instructions are here:

Note that these instructions apply only if you are installing your own carriers release package for your BB...if you are using a different carriers device OS package for your BB model, there is an step to insert between steps 1 and 2.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ELUSIVE1
My Device: BlackBerry Storm
My Carrier: Verizon

Hi I upgraded my OS to 5.0 on my Blackberry Storm and everything is wotking perfectly exept that my application to send MMS messages is gone....What can I do?

Please use plain text.