Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: How To Reload Your Operating System

ELUSIVE1 wrote:

Hi I upgraded my OS to 5.0 on my Blackberry Storm and everything is wotking perfectly exept that my application to send MMS messages is gone....What can I do?

Hi and Welcome to the forums!

What application, exactly? SMS/MMS are a shared icon, either separate or embedded within Messages depending on how you have configured it.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hisyamz
My Device: Storm 9500

Thanks for the warm welcome..

I forgot to state there as I am upgrading using other telco's OS.. How do i do that?..

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

hisyamz wrote:

Thanks for the warm welcome..

I forgot to state there as I am upgrading using other telco's OS.. How do i do that?..

Between steps 1 and 2 in the link I provided you earlier, insert this...delete the VENDOR.XML file. It should be in or near the same directories indicated in step 2.

Good luck and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
retola
My Device: 8530

Hello ,I'd like to install firmware v 5.0 on my Blackberry 8520 Curve but I saw only Tim firmware is v.50 and my Blackberry was wind and wind has only firmware 4.7,Can I install v 5.0?and how to do?

I made all the things in this tutorial but  the AppLoader.exe  the only thing that makes is remove or install application,but I have to install the OS 5!!!!!!!!!

Help me please!!!!!!I:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
retola
My Device: 8530

I have to unlock ...I think ...it's true?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

retola wrote:

I have to unlock ...I think ...it's true?

Hello!

The only reason you must unlock is if you wish to use your BB on a different carrier than it was originally issued on. If you remain on the same original carrier, there is no need to unlock -- and you can use any carriers device OS package.

Since the above instructions seem to have become disjointed and I cannot tell, from your earlier post, exactly what is going on, I will post again here the instructions for using another carriers OS package. See this post:

Insert, between steps 1 and 2, the deletion of a file named VENDOR.XML...then proceed with step 2.

If something does not work as described, please post back with exactly what step you were on and a complete description of exactly what happened.

Also, I advise that you take a manual inventory of all add-on apps, including the place you procured them from as well as any needed activation keys. It is always better to re-install add-on apps rather than attempt to restore them from some backup.

Thanks!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
ronhhmy
My Device: BLACKBERRY BOLD 9000

Step 3: Some application cannot select. I selected some application and when I click NEXT. My computer appear ( The application 'Blackberry 5.0.0 core Applications' cannot be loaded because some required files are not available)

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Crag
My Device: Bold 9700

Hi Krypto!

First, my congratulations and thanks for your contributions.

After reading this thread completely I still have a question.

I got an  unlocked world AT&T BB Bold 9700 to use it outside USA. I suscribed a BIS services from my local carrier but after a while decided to cancel it and use my BB without BIS/BES. Now I want to clear the Host Routing Table re-installing the OS, BTW if you know another method to clear the HRT please let me know it.

Before getting the BIS service into my BB I was able to navigate Internet out-of-the-box, make calls, etc. I want to go back to that previous state.

My question is: I downloaded the AT&T Bold 9700 OS to my PC. Reinstalling the OS will lock my BB?

Thanks again.

Crag

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kyimmy
My Device: Blackberry Storm 2

Hi. I just recently bought an unlocked Blackberry Storm 2 and I couldn't get AIM/MSN messenger to work because "Service is not installed device" so I looked up some information up online. What I got from it is that I needed to update my OS. I go to my desktop manager to update my OS but it says that I do not have sufficient storage. Does this mean I need a bigger memory card? I currenly have 1GB.

Thank you!

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,952
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

kyimmy wrote:

Hi. I just recently bought an unlocked Blackberry Storm 2 and I couldn't get AIM/MSN messenger to work because "Service is not installed device" so I looked up some information up online. What I got from it is that I needed to update my OS. I go to my desktop manager to update my OS but it says that I do not have sufficient storage. Does this mean I need a bigger memory card? I currenly have 1GB.

Thank you!

Please don't double post your questions in the forum.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.