Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
ELUSIVE1
My Device: BlackBerry Storm

Re: How To Reload Your Operating System

I can still send and recieve sms but the mms option is gone.....so i can no longer do it.

Please use plain text.
mrsj
My Device: BB Storm 9530

Thank you for this helpful information!  I went to 2 VZWstores & they couldn't help me.  I found this site and your instructions & it worked like a charm!   Thanks so much for the information & your help.  :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Excellent!  I'm glad it was able to help! :smileyhappy:

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Developer
Cligini
My Device: Curve 8900

Hi Krypto,

I have followed your steps numerous times. I've wiped my Curve 8900 (4.6.1.231) countless times and tried to install a few flavors of the latest version 5.0. I keep running into a wall right after it tries to connect to the boot ROM; it just uploads the inage and sits there.

This keeps happening when I use my virtual machine running Windiws 7. On the other hand, the upgrade is not available at all when I use my mac, it just shows the version above and a downgrade. Do you or anyone have anything that I can try?

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Kiterunner2010
My Device: Blackberry STORM 2 9520

Hi Krypto,

I have two questions --

1. How can I reload the OS in a phone which I bought unlocked from a reseller in UK? I am not sure with which carrier it was initially used (if any, i doubt)

2. I have a problem - The loss of signal, some time fluctuation, during the call. Can this ideally be resolved by reloading the OS?

Regards

Kiterunner

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hello,

On behalf of Krypto, I offer the following:

Kiterunner2010 wrote:

1. How can I reload the OS in a phone which I bought unlocked from a reseller in UK? I am not sure with which carrier it was initially used (if any, i doubt)

You can use any carriers OS package as long as it is for your specific model BB. If you use another carriers package, insert, between steps 1 and 2 in the procedure, the deletion (on your PC) of a file named VENDOR.XML.

Kiterunner2010 wrote:

2. I have a problem - The loss of signal, some time fluctuation, during the call. Can this ideally be resolved by reloading the OS?

More likely this has to do with the quality of signal from your carrier. While some OS levels have been reported to enhance the ability of BBs to receive signal, it cannot be stated that such will happen in your case. I'd suggest, therefore, first updating to the latest OS from your official carrier (whoever you receive support from) and then, if the problem persists, go see them for support with the issue.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Visitor
paulrcgb
My Device: 9700

Hi, I'm trying to reload my 9700 OS and when I get to the advanced stage it doesn't allow me to delete all applications. I can delete all application data, but not the applications. The box is greyed out.

I've tried deleting vendor.xml just in case!

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
nofrenchtoast
My Device: storm 2

will it be possible to load OS from verizon?

my carrier is T-mobile but i got the phone from verizon.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

nofrenchtoast wrote:

will it be possible to load OS from verizon?

my carrier is T-mobile but i got the phone from verizon.

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Yes -- see my prior post, just two above yours.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
olintaha
My Device: Curve 8900

this procedure didnt work with my Curve 8900. I couldnt check the "delete all currently installed application" in step 4.  because of that i could not also proceed to step 5. what could be wrong in the process?

Please use plain text.