Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
johndwilson
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How To Reload Your Operating System

I've also tried to upgrade from os 4.6 to os 5 but each time I run the application loader process, it successfully backups the BB, loads the software but then hits an error upon restarting which supposedly means that the OS is not on the device (507).

I'm using an official Orange UK os upgrade, and can only proceed by downgraded back to 4.6.

Any ideas welcomed?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
IFC20
My Device: 8700
My Carrier: Digicel Jamaica

Krypto,

Many thanks for your reply.  I have 26 MB available on the unit.  The 3rd party apps installed include Yahoo Talk, Google Talk, Windows Live Messenger - none of which I put on the phone (they came with it).  How would I remove them?  My first instinct was that their presence on the phone was the source of the problem, but I have not been able to figure out how to remove them.

My battery life is also phenomenally low - I replaced the battery that came with the phone when the problems started, but no change.

Symptoms:  Poor battery life (needs daily charging), crashing, freezing, locking itself up, slow response to commands, sometimes ignores trackwheel commands.

Cures:  ???

Note:  the phone was originally loaded with AT&T's software but is being used in Jamaica with Digicel Jamaica network.  My wife's BB (8850) is also an AT&T phone that is also using the Digicel Jamaica network & she does not have any of these problems.

HELP!! :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,846
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

IFC20 wrote:

Note:  the phone was originally loaded with AT&T's software but is being used in Jamaica with Digicel Jamaica network.  My wife's BB (8850) is also an AT&T phone that is also using the Digicel Jamaica network & she does not have any of these problems

IFC20... you forgot to state what model device you have.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
JSanders

johndwilson wrote:

I've also tried to upgrade from os 4.6 to os 5 but each time I run the application loader process, it successfully backups the BB, loads the software but then hits an error upon restarting which supposedly means that the OS is not on the device (507).

I'm using an official Orange UK os upgrade, and can only proceed by downgraded back to 4.6.

Any ideas welcomed?

Need to also know you BlackBerry model device?

It would help if you would enter that information in your profile on this Forum.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

@ JSanders, its a 8700 (see previous post).

@ IFC20 It is possible that a file has become corrupted. If you are unable to delete those apps, that means they're just icons that allow you to download the apps, so they shouldn't be a problem. So in this case, I'd try reloading the OS once more and see if that helps. And to be safe, start entirely from scratch by deleting the OS from your computer (via the Control Panel, same as you would for any computer program), then redownload and reinstall the OS to your computer before reloading the OS to your phone. At this moment, what you are describing is a software problem. If you reload the OS and still have problems, its possible it could be a memory problem, but I'm doubtful. Even the battery drain can be attributed to corrupt software on the device. Try that and then keep us posted.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tdora

Hello Krypto,
Am happy I found this site
I had serious problem with my
BB curve 8900.i gave to an agent
Who wiped it and installed a lower
Version of device software. This dropped the
Quality of my camera and video and a lot
Of things.
I ve tried locating the original software
, Now I found this one can I use it? My previous
Version was 5.0 and what I have
Now is 4.6.1
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tdora

If I can use it,
Please what are the
Steps I need to follow.
Of the many software
I just saw on the link
, Can I use the Vodafone
Italy version 5.0 .
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tdora

Just to let you know
The original software
Is Vodafone but I can't
Which country exacly
Since the pack did not
With english.
Please use plain text.
JSanders

tdora wrote:

Of the many software
I just saw on the link
, Can I use the Vodafone
Italy version 5.0 .

Yes, you can use that version.

Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion.

1. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
IFC20
My Device: 8700
My Carrier: Digicel Jamaica

Krypto,

Still having the problem, although not as badly as before.  One thing I forgot to advise you was that there is a clicking sound coming from my speaker (even when turned off) - wonder if that is related to any of the problems?

What should I try now?  I accidentally removed the BB IM feature during the reinstall & have more memory, but this has not stopped the crashing etc.  I'm beginning to think a Microsoft product has invaded my BB.........:smileytongue:

Please use plain text.