Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: How To Reload Your Operating System

What happens if you don't load any data on it?  Does it still do it before you restore your personal data?  If so, then I don't really know what else to say.  You've essentially ruled out a software issue by reloading the OS again, meaning that you have a likely hardware issue, but where that issue is coming from, I really can't say.  At this point, I'm not really sure there is much more that I can do over this format (e.g. over the internet).  If you can, I'd suggest seeing if you can find a location that can repair BlackBerry devices and let them take a look at the device to see if it's worthwhile fixing.  Be aware though, it may not be worthwhile.  In that case, I'd suggest simply checking eBay or something like that for another phone.  :smileysad:

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
IFC20
My Device: 8700

Krypto,

Many thanks for all your help (and patience!!).  I reloaded the OS before reloading the personal data, so I will see how that works.  If this fails, I will send it to a repair shop for a hardware diagnosis.

Cheers,

IFC20

madskin
My Device: Blackberry 8520 Curve

Hi ..

The post is great ..but the loader.exe doesnt exist in the folder for Blackberry desktop 6.0.

Any suggestions ...

do let me know ... thanks

sid

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

madskin wrote:

Hi ..

The post is great ..but the loader.exe doesnt exist in the folder for Blackberry desktop 6.0.

Any suggestions ...

do let me know ... thanks

sid

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Try looking here:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

If that does not exist, then you have not installed the OS Package for your BB to your PC...that as well is a prerequisite.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
Viva
My Device: 8900

Viva wrote:

Krypto wrote:
Given everything you've tried, I'm starting to wonder if it's a problem with the memory on the phone itself (i.e. I'm leaning towards your thoughts that this might be a hardware issue).  Is there any chance your phone is still under warranty?  If so, I'd take it in for repair/replacement.

I'm sending my Blackberry in for repair/replacement today. Hopefully all will be resolved shortly.

Thanks for the help Krypto. I'll let you know what the problem was, if I get to know it.

Well, it has been a two month wait. My blackberry has returned, but without results. The carrier-repair-centre could not find/fix it, so they apparently sent it to a Blackberry repair centre. 

The repair report says no defects where found, though when I try to access some items in the main menu it crashes, again....

Monday I will contact the carrier to see whether they have more information. This ain't over yet...

New Contributor
phyfie
My Device: curve 8520

i have read tru almost every post on this topic and i still cant seem to find a solution...

am using a curve 8520 with os 5.0 and it just stopped working all of a sudden...

it wont boot past about 75% when d status bar beneath the blackberry name and logo is moving..

it just stops and starts allover again on an endless loop...

what more can i do?

when i try the original solution it says

The Blackberry Desktop software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator.

please help

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

phyfie wrote:

i have read tru almost every post on this topic and i still cant seem to find a solution...

am using a curve 8520 with os 5.0 and it just stopped working all of a sudden...

it wont boot past about 75% when d status bar beneath the blackberry name and logo is moving..

it just stops and starts allover again on an endless loop...

what more can i do?

when i try the original solution it says

The Blackberry Desktop software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator.

please help

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

The section you bolded is the key...check your PC in Add/Remove programs. If there are any device OS packages installed (sorry, I cannot tell you what they will say on that screen), remove them. Then download and install the proper package for you specific BB. Then try the process again.

But...the endless reboot...that might need some other steps. Try the above and then, if it fails, try this:

Let us know.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
phyfie
My Device: curve 8520

Thanks but when i check my installed programs no os shows up..i tried re-installing the os (my carriers own is actually 4.6) and it says successful but when i plug in my phone to use the apploader it still shows d same message...

maybe i should install the os 5 on my pc and retry that..i am using desktop manager 6..

and also when i went to the link u posted and tried out their remedy it still dint work instead of showing PIN UNKNOWN, it shows my actual pin..

please help..

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Ok... So your computer is seeing the OS. Try disconnecting your computer from the internet before trying to reload the OS on the device, and don't forget to delete the Vendor.xml file (located in the same folder as the Loader.exe file) before trying to install the OS.

If you continue to have problems, then there is another thing we can try. Let me know, and if needed, I'll give you another set of instructions that should make it work.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Visitor
sky23my
My Device: storm 2 9520

im having a big trouble while i updating my bb storm2 9520 after i install the desktop software and connected to my bb strm2. it pop up for update device and i update it when the updater bar run until net_rim_bb_recentcontacts.cod and it stop moving at all T_T i waited for as long as 1hour