Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Regular Contributor
darylm
My Device: NONE
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Re: How To Reload Your Operating System

I've been emailing with the developer of bbsak. A new version (1.9.2) will be released soon that will load the os. I like bbh-plus more because it does everything bbsak does including shrinking the os. I've used it for the last two upgrades, and it's compatible with os 7 and 7.1 already.

Samsung Galaxy S5
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Just to update this, BBSAK update is now available. I usually don't like to recommend the bbh-plus as its for more advanced users. I've seen a lot of users accidentally shrink out more than they meant to, leaving them trying to figure out why a feature is missing, etc.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Thandiebbz1
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: T-mobile

I don't know how to get to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\ and how to open the Loader.exe file?
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

On your Windows Vista or Windows 7 computer, open the start menu, and type Windows Explorer and select Windows Explorer on the resulting list. From here, select the C:\ drive on the left, then you can select Program Files, then Common Files, then Research in Motion, etc.

If you're using an older Windows XP computer, you can do the same by selecting My Computer, or by going to Start > All Programs > Accessories > Windows Explorer. Then follow the same steps to get to the correct folder.

I hope that helps, but if not, let me know where you're having troubles and I'll see if I can post a screenshot that can help.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stever13
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: O2

Krypto,

I have tried the steps you listed in the OP, and it still comes up with a white screen. I'm wondering if I am downloading the right OS so could you check for me? I have a Blackberry Bold 9780 with O2 UK. I downloaded the top one available but don't know if that's right?
Also I've tried BBSAK and wiped everything on it. Went to load OS file and there wasn't a file to upload? Yet there is a download file totalling  180MB.
One thing I notice is that I don't get a 507 error message at all? My screen just stays white?
Does this mean it's a hardware issue? I've rung the provider and blackberry and they have said they can't do anything because it's already a replacement phone (for another white screen) and the warranty ran out after 3 months.

Thanks 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
darylm

If you didn't get a 507 error, your phone is not wiped. Your phone is bricked. Here are some instructions for you to unbrick it: http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-how-faq-f3/how-do-i-recover-dead-blackberry-32322/. Be absolutely sure you have a clean installation of DM and the correct software for your phone from your carrier. You should deinstall both and reinstall them before you go any further. Then follow the instructions in the link. Good luck.

Samsung Galaxy S5
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

[ Edited ]

Also make sure your battery isn't to blame. Try using an alternate battery in your phone. I just helped a family member and noticed that their phone kept getting a white screen. Turns out that the used battery they got for their phone was faulty and was causing the issue.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stever13

[ Edited ]

Could someone confirm which OS to download as there is so many for my carrier?

I have a Bold 9780 and on O2 UK. I downloaded the v6.0.0.2949 but there are 8 more, which one is the correct one? 

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do;jsessionid=06741065716BC17F6D449DDC57...

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
darylm

I suggest downloading the most recent OS for your carrier and your specific phone. The deinstall any OS and DM from your PC. Then reinstall DM. Then install the OS. Then reboot your PC. Then follow the instructions in the link about de-bricking your phone. Good luck.

Samsung Galaxy S5
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stever13

The link just gives you pretty much the same solution by using Apploader.

I tried it all. I still have a white screen and flashing red light, but NO 507 error message.
Do you think it's a hardware issue now? 

Please use plain text.