Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
gegie
My Device: Blackberry 9105 Bundle 2532 v.6.0.0.570)
My Carrier: Orange UK

How can I Downgrade software

Because I do not like the calendar on my 9105 v6.9.0.600 Platform 6.6.0.223 I want to revert to the previous OS so can anyone please tell me what it might be and where it can be downloaded - Thnaks

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: How can I Downgrade software

[ Edited ]

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please refer to this official download portal as you proceed. It is sorted first by carrier -- so if all you want are the OS levels your carrier supports, your search will be quick. However, some carriers are much slower than others to release/remove versions. To truly seek out the most comprehensive list of OS packages for your BB, you must dig through and find all carriers that support your specific model BB, and then compare the OS levels that they support.

From a PC, you can install any compatible (e.g., for your exact BB Model Number) OS package to a BB via this procedure:

Note that while written for "reload" and the Storm, it can be used to upgrade, downgrade, or reload any BB device model -- it all depends on the OS package you download and install to your PC. After installing the OS package to your PC, please remeber to delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

Be sure that you remove, from your PC, any other BB device OS packages as having more than one installed to the PC can cause conflicts with this procedure.

If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:

• KB19915How to perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gegie
My Device: Blackberry 9105 Bundle 2532 v.6.0.0.570)
My Carrier: Orange UK

Many thanks for the info which worked and I have now downgraded the Pearl 9105 from v6.0.0668 to v5.0.0.882 which gives me the calendar that I like.

Do you know if its possible on another Pearl 9100 to downgrade only the calendar from v6.0.0.0 to the v5.0.0. Calendar giving me the best of both worlds.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

gegie wrote:

Do you know if its possible on another Pearl 9100 to downgrade only the calendar from v6.0.0.0 to the v5.0.0. Calendar giving me the best of both worlds.

I know of no way to separate the components...that sounds like the "hybrid" approach, but I'd have to think that, with the huge differences between OS5 and OS6, that components of OS6 just would not even function correctly under OS5. But, I've never ever played with hybrids...and do not recommend them.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.