Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: How can I find out the previous service provider my device is still registered with?

cheesecake wrote:

Hi,

I know you posted this two years ago, but I am having the same problem now.   I bought my Blackberry Storm 2 Model 9550 in the States in December, but now I live in Germany.  Verizon and I unlocked my phone, and both Verizon and RIM say that I should be able to use my BB anywhere in the world.  My new mobile phone company, o2, says that Verizon must release the phone by clearing the settings (whatever that means) and de-registering the phone.  I can make and receive both phone calls and sms, but cannot connect the BB to the internet at all.  Not even with Wife.  Because I can't get internet on the phone, o2 cannot even send me the Service Books for Germany.  I am out of ideas.

What is the end of your story?  Did you figure it out?  Do you have any advice or people/websites I can turn to?  

Thanks a lot for you time!

Hello,

If I understand correctly, it is that VZW may still have your BB registered in the BIS system that they maintain. You need to contact them to have them release it, after which your new carrier will be able to create a BIS account for you.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mohdnoer90
My Device: blackberry bold 9000
My Carrier: Digi

Re: How can I find out the previous service provider my device is still registered with?

hello.. can i ask? is the vendor code accurate? i went to the website and have them send over the password to my phone but until now, theres still no password. vendor no 137. so it should be at this website right? http://www.mobileemail.vodafone.at/. it says that the password is sent to my phone but i din get it :smileysad: what shud i do?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

mohdnoer90 wrote:

hello.. can i ask? is the vendor code accurate? i went to the website and have them send over the password to my phone but until now, theres still no password. vendor no 137. so it should be at this website right? http://www.mobileemail.vodafone.at/. it says that the password is sent to my phone but i din get it :smileysad: what shud i do?

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

According to this FAQ:

That vendor code is Vodafone Austria. If you are not receiving the password reply, then you should just ring them up.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mohdnoer90
My Device: blackberry bold 9000
My Carrier: Digi

i can't seem to call them. i sent them an email but no reply.... what should i do? my bis account is suspended and i need them to help unlock it..

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Only they can unlock it. Did you try everything on the "Require Assistance" link on the page you linked?

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
w4q45
My Device: BlackBerry 9650
My Carrier: Ufone

Re: Can't register because device is with other service provider

I am having similar Problem i think the command  told above only shows your first vendor ID not your current Vendor. Myine is showing 104 sprint but my mobile is registered with Mobilink. 
this post was quite helpful for me. i have called my preious service provider they will soon release my pin.
best way is to call your new vendor and give them your pin they will let your know why your bb service is not working and they will also tell you the previous vendor who is blocking your pin. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Kaiemy8584
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9380
My Carrier: Maxis

Hi,

Need advise from you. I just buy a Blackberry Curve 9380 and i'm having a problem to connect with my BIS. Until now i am not able to use the BBM as well as Facebook Apps and Twitter Apps. FYI, i already get in touch with the Mobile Network Provider (which is Maxis since i'm from Malaysia) and they said that i need to contact the previous service provider to unlock since this phone is outside Malaysia. Only then the BIS can be connected. Therefore, may I know how to identify this service provider? As per my checking, the vendor ID is 613 and much appreciate if you can assist me to identify the operator that can help me to unlock this phone. 

Kindly let me know if you need my Blackberry  Pin No or IMEI for further investigation.

Thanks and regards,

Emy 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Kaiemy8584 wrote:

Hi,

Need advise from you. I just buy a Blackberry Curve 9380 and i'm having a problem to connect with my BIS. Until now i am not able to use the BBM as well as Facebook Apps and Twitter Apps. FYI, i already get in touch with the Mobile Network Provider (which is Maxis since i'm from Malaysia) and they said that i need to contact the previous service provider to unlock since this phone is outside Malaysia. Only then the BIS can be connected. Therefore, may I know how to identify this service provider? As per my checking, the vendor ID is 613 and much appreciate if you can assist me to identify the operator that can help me to unlock this phone. 

Kindly let me know if you need my Blackberry  Pin No or IMEI for further investigation.

Thanks and regards,

Emy 

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

2 seconds on Google revealed this:

• 613 Brightpoint Singapore 

However, no one can validate if that's the actually the carrier that has a BIS account for your BB...rather, it's merely the carrier for which that BB was originally manufactured. It could well have been running, over time, on several different carriers.

Further, typically the carriers will only release the PIN via a request from their actual account holder...hopefully you will be more lucky than that.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.