Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
LarsLondon
My Device: Not Specified

How can I find out the previous service provider my device is still registered with?

[ Edited ]

When trying to create a BIS account, I received the error message that my device was already registered with a different service provider and that I would have to reregister it. The problem is that I bought it new from cordlessphoneworld.co.uk and it was supposedly "completely refurbished".

My Pearl 8100 is a BT phone, however BT confirmed to me that it was not registered with their network. The seller,  cordlessphoneworld.co.uk, told me to contact BlackBerry support, and BB support told me to talk to my service provider (O2 UK) who has already told me I would have to get in touch with the previous service provider.

How can I get my BB released from its current BIS registration, or at least find out who it is registered with, in order to finally enjoy its full functionality and not just the regular phone stuff?

My BB info:

PIN: *********

IMEI: #################

Happy for any help or ideas!!

Thanks.

EDIT: Removed personal information

Message Edited by Andy on 08-30-2009 02:33 PM
Forums Advisor III
bumblepie
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: How can I find out the previous service provider my device is still registered with?

Theres a high chance it was set up with the original carrier that is was sold with.

To find this out you need to get the vendor id of the device.

Do this by holding down (all at the same time ) the ALT+CAP+H button..

Or

Whilst pressing down ALT, select E Then S then C then R

You should see a little page pop up with random info.

What you are looking for is the vendor ID. a three digit number.

Then I will post a list of all the vendors IDS at the end of this message as i can't remember the link..

Anyhow, find the carrier from the list and call them asking them to release the PIN..

IF... the prev user didn't register it with that carrier (which would mean you phone has possibly been used twice before) then you can call your current Carrier and ask them to escalate the call to RIM who will be able to tell...

Hope this helps..

ALT+CAP+H

OR

ALT+ E,S,C,R

100 T-Mobile US
101 AWS
102 Cingular Wireless
103 Nextel
104 Sprint PCS
105 Verizon
106 Alltel
107 Rogers
109 BWA (Aliant/Sasktel)
111 MM02 DE
113 Telfort
114 T-Mobile DE/AU
115 TIM
116 Hutchison
117 Bouygues
118 SFR
119 Orange_France
120 VODAFONE (UK)
121 Telcel
122 Telstra
123 T-Mobile (UK)
124 Vodafone Germany
125 MM02 UK/IRL/NL
126 Telus
127 SMART
128 Starhub
129 Telefonica
130 Swisscom
131 Cable & Wireless
132 Vodafone (IT)
133 Vodafone (ES)
134 T-Mobile (NL)
135 Cincinnati Bell
136 Telefonica_LAM
137 Vodafone Austria
138 Vodafone Australia
139 Vodafone Ireland
140 Vodafone Sweden
141 CSL
142 Orange UK
143 Vodafone New Zealand
144 SingTel
145 Globe
146 Optus
147 Orange Mobistar
148 Vodafone_HU
149 Bharti
150 KPN
151 TIM_Greece
152 Proximus
153 Vodafone_Portugal
154 TIM_Brazil
155 BT_Mobile
156 Earthlink
158 E-Plus
159 BASE
160 Dobson
161 Vodafone_Egypt
162 Orange_Switzerland
164 Triton
165 Maxis
166 Vodafone_Denmark_(TDC)
167 MobileOne_(Voda_Singapore)
168 Vodacom
169 T-Mobile_PO
170 T-Mobile_CZ
171 T-Mobile_HU
173 MTN
174 Entel
175 Amena
176 SmarTone
177 TCS
178 Avea
179 F100
180 Turkcell
181 Partner
183 Orange_Global
186 Telkomsel
188 Vodafone_Greece
189 USCC
190 Mobilink
194 Voda_Luxembourg
195 Voda_Iceland
198 Vodafone_CZ
204 China_Mobile
205 Movilnet
209 Sympac
210 TIM_Argentina
212 Etisalat
214 AMX
215 Telefonica_Venezuela
217 Orange Romania
218 KTP
222 Mobitel Bulgaria
224 PCCW/Sunday
227 Mobily
229 Eurotel
230 Hutchison Essar

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

Re: How can I find out the previous service provider my device is still registered with?

I don't think ALT + ESCR works; but rather ALT + EACE
------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
New Contributor
LarsLondon

Thanks a lot. That shortcut worked for me. I found out that, according to the vendor ID, the phone is from BT. I have already been in touch with BT a couple of weeks ago, and they told me my device was not registered with their BB service. So, I'll try to go via my current carrier again now.

Thanks for your help.

New Contributor
raschu

Hi

I have the same problem. I bought a Blackberry Bold brand new from Germany and tried to register it with O2 in the UK. When I try to register it on o2email.co.uk I get the following error message:

>>

This BlackBerry is registered with a different service provider.  Please re-register this BlackBerry and verify the URL matches the one provided by your service provider.

<<

I used the method explained in the previous message to identify the Vendor ID: 114 = 114 T-Mobile DE/AU. The person I bought the phone from contacted  T-Mobile in Germany but they claimed that the phone is not registered with them.

O2 in the UK maintains that it's registered elsewhere and they can not register it before it's being released by T-Mobile in Germany.

It's a catch 22 - and both O2 and T-Mobile shift the responsibility to each other. What can I do?

Please help.

Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne

Ask your current carrier to contact RIM for you to verify what is up with the device.

Forums Veteran I
BBsingh
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: Can't register because device is with other service provider

you mean it happnes when you try creating a new BIS account? if both O2 and Tmobile dont wanna fix it, tell them to escalate this to RIM and tehy can fix it for you. Tmobile germany shoul dbe able to fix it though by setting PIN to 0 on previous BIS account.
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
Dlperry152

I am having the same problem my phone was bought brand new from O2 but when checking out the Provider Information it says 179 F100?? not sure who they are?  Any help for a novice is greatly appreciated.
Forums Veteran I
BBsingh
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

So you are unable to create BIS account? if this is the issue, talk to O2, and if they cant resolve it they should escalate this to RIM so your PIN can be cleared off any BIS accounts.
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne

Dlperry152 wrote:
I am having the same problem my phone was bought brand new from O2 but when checking out the Provider Information it says 179 F100?? not sure who they are?  Any help for a novice is greatly appreciated.

Why does that smell like some secret RIM thing ...