Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
frustrated_oc
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Virgin
Accepted Solution

How do I get rid of BBM Spam?

My phone is filling up with spam BBmessages - all junk/ unreadable/ foreign characters. It went quiet for a whil

e but I have had over 500 so far this afternoon alone. I have deleted messenger, but they just appear on my mainscreen. I have changed my blackberry ID and associated email; I have deleted my emails and email clients and have switched off wifi, but still the messages are appearing - another 8 while I've been typing this!

Can anyone help?:Helpsmilie:

Please use plain text.
Developer
Teaboy1748
My Device: Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Re: How do I get rid of BBM Spam?

Did you leave your pin on random social sites and random websites? That may be the issue for all the random bbm spam.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
frustrated_oc

Hi Teaboy,

I don't use social sites and as far as I am aware I have not left my pin (I assume you mean BB ID p/w?) on any sites, apart from Blackberry World.  In fact I have changed my BB ID username (email address) & password.

It doesn't seem to relate to email accounts though, when I opened one it was 'Received Using: Peer to Peer To: 23AF2249 From: 25D71008, Title: <$RemoveOnDelivery,SuppressSaveInSentItems> BLACKBERRYMESSENGERINVITESTAGE2, <<no text>> then gibberish.

I have checked a few more and they are all sent to 23AF2249.

:manfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Developer
Teaboy1748
My Device: Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

when i mean the PIN is the letter & number special identification code like the 25D71008. i am not sure if that is your code. If people have these code they are spam you. for invite and send you message on BBM.

The other thing i can think of is your phone was bought used?? that is the only other reason all these random people know your Blackberry PIN
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
frustrated_oc

Re: How do I get rid of BBM Spam - PIN messages?

Thankyou for this - I had no idea what the Pin was or what pin messages are; I have no idea what my pin is nor how these people could have got my pin - I bought the phone new and have never used this facility. They are all spam as many appear to be Arabic or Hindi(?) script and others just random letters & numbers.

However, your note gave me an idea and I have now found my pin (Options/ Status) and learned what pin messages are. I have now blocked incoming Pin messages (Options/ Security/ Firewall) and it seems to work (12 blocked while sending this!).

Hopefully this will help others with the same problem, though I still have no idea how they got my pin.

Please use plain text.