If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
AngelTay93
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: How to up grade OS 7.0 to 7.1 on my Torch 9810?

How do you remove the vendor files, if you don't mind me asking?
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
darylm
My Device: NONE
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Here is a link: http://crackberry.com/updating-your-blackberry-different-carriers-os-make-sure-you-delete-both-vendo...,.

FYI, google is your friend. Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm concerned that if you make a mistake and don't follow the instructions exactly and mess something up that you will get yourself into trouble.

Samsung Galaxy S5
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AngelTay93

oh, no offense taken...I don't wanna mess up. But when you say ' get into trouble', do you mean that upgrading to 7.1 with a different carrier is illegal?
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
darylm

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I didn't mean legal trouble and I wasn't trying to scare you, although a little caution is not a bad thing. I was trying to say that occasionally (rarely) things can go wrong when doing an upgrade. They can even go wrong when you upgrading to an OS from your service provider. For example, for some reason, the connection accidently gets bumped and the upgrade doesn't work and the phone gets "bricked", which is jargon for "doesn't work anymore". There are ways to get around that, but you would have to spend some time understanding how to do it, because it would be hard for someone to help you over the internet.

Again, I'm not trying to offend you, but please take a moment to read a bit about what you're trying to do, so you understand not only what you are going to do, but why. That way you will have a more clear expectation of what the steps of the process are. You have to remove the vendor.xml files because they are telling your phone that the OS is from Telenor. Since your phone is from AT&T, it won't accept the upgrade unless you remove the files. You need to read the instructions in the link I gave you previously to find one or two vendor.xml files and delete them. Then, you will connect your phone, start DM and it should tell you there is an upgrade. Go ahead and try that and let me know how it works.

Samsung Galaxy S5
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AngelTay93

Actually, I read it very carefully, and followed the instructions carefully. The upgrade went smoothly! Thanks so much for your help! :smileyhappy: oh, and thanks for reassuring me about that whole legal thing.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
darylm

Hey, that's great! Congrats!

Samsung Galaxy S5
Please use plain text.