Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
tfountain
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

How to use BB SmartViewer

I downloaded the SmartViewer email utility for my BB Curve 8330.  However, my emails are still in text form and looks like the same viewer.  I am unable to find any icon or configuration option that tells my BB to use SmartViewer instead.  What am I missing?  If it matters, I downloaded the TRY version from my Verizon homepage link on my BB directly.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
frfghtr
My Device: Storm 9530 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: MTS

Re: How to use BB SmartViewer

[ Edited ]

Open an email and press your Application Key.

This will open a menu with BBSmart View and BBSmart Options at the top.

Either press BBSmart View to convert to html or go to BBSmart Options and set it as your Default Email Viewer.

Message Edited by frfghtr on 05-25-2008 12:38 PM
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tfountain

Excuse me for sounding ignorant here... but what 'application' key are you talking about?  Are you referring to the convenience key?  If so, the left one opens voice dialing and the right one loads the camera.  If you're referring to the 'menu' key then I don't get any options you described with that either.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
frfghtr
My Device: Storm 9530 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: MTS

[ Edited ]

The 'Application Key' may also be called the the 'Menu Key'. Not sure on that one. It's the one with the 7 dots.

Maybe there's was a problem with the installation. Have you looked in the Applications to see if SmartView installed?

Options=>Advanced Options=>Applications

Just wondering. I could be the ignorant one. Are we talking about the same program?

BBSmart

I'm sorry if I led you astray. My mistake 

Message Edited by frfghtr on 05-26-2008 09:00 AM
Please use plain text.
Contributor
htankin

I just downloaded and installed today on my curve. What I didn't realize the first time is you have to restart the blackberry (turn off then on). You do that by pressing and holding the red phone/power key.  After that it e-mails should be displayed in html format using BBSmart Viewer.  Works great for me.

Harry  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tfountain

Hey frfghtr, that was the same application but my download through Verizon must have been hosed or for the wrong version of my BB.  Either way, I used the link you provided and presto, it all works perfect.  Thanks!

I would have responded sooner but I just now got around to trying this out.

Please use plain text.