Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
jcalebrice
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

I cannot register for myBlackBerry

Hello All,

I am new to the online community, but not new to BlackBerry's, but I need some help.

Phone: BlackBerry Bold 9650

Carrier: Verizon

BlackBerry Enterprise Server User

1) My ultimate goal is to sync my Gmail account, to do this, I think I have to register for myBlackBerry.

2) When I try to register for myBlackBerry, the registration fields allow me to enter all of my pertinent information EXCEPT for my carrier (the field remains grayed out), so it keeps kicking me back not allowing me to register. I have registered for a BlackBerry ID (Prompted when visiting App Store) but the myBlackberry page does not recognize my email or password when trying to login.

3) To be fully registered for BlackBerry, how many different websites are there? I have successfully registered for the support forums here, the myBlackBerry will not let me register as mentioned above, and I am apparently registered on my device (For instance if I go to the app world, it prompts me to enter my email address and password for "BlackBerry Login" and it works with my email and password.

Please Help!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jcalebrice

Re: I cannot register for myBlackBerry

Welp,

Out of nowhere, after the 50th attempt to register on myBlackBerry, it allowed me to select the carrier, so now I am registered, hopefully I will not have any future problems.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jcalebrice

Phone: Bold 9650 v.5.0

I am unable to remove an old personal email account that is now invalid. What I want to do is setup my new gmail account on my device, but it says the device is currently working with my old account and I see no options to remove it.

After reviewing some of the community threads, I have gone to Help & Support on the mobile browser, email setup, email integration, but it tells me the device is already setup for the old account, and asks me if I want to move it, but I cant since it is invalid. I see no options to remove the old email.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

jcalebrice wrote:

Phone: Bold 9650 v.5.0

I am unable to remove an old personal email account that is now invalid. What I want to do is setup my new gmail account on my device, but it says the device is currently working with my old account and I see no options to remove it.

After reviewing some of the community threads, I have gone to Help & Support on the mobile browser, email setup, email integration, but it tells me the device is already setup for the old account, and asks me if I want to move it, but I cant since it is invalid. I see no options to remove the old email.

Hello,

I think you need to contact your carrier -- they manage the actual BIS accounts. It sounds like this BB has a prior BIS account registered and somehow that BIS account is trying to migrate over to a different BB. BIS accounts are tied to the BB PIN and only one BIS account can exist anywhere in the world for one BB PIN. If you have multiple BIS accounts going on with this BB, that's something that the account management folks need to unwind -- and they are at your carrier.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

jcalebrice wrote: 

1) My ultimate goal is to sync my Gmail account, to do this, I think I have to register for myBlackBerry.

hello,

that is a false information. My BlackBerry is a community space for people wanting to have social interaction with other BlackBerry users. It is not mandatory for anything except if you wish to access the BlackBerry Owner Lounge.

if you simply want to have your GoogleMail account linked with your device, you simply need to access the BIS webpage of your carrier : http://www.blackberry.com/go/vzw

jcalebrice wrote:

3) To be fully registered for BlackBerry, how many different websites are there?

you are already fully registered for BlackBerry, through your company IT.

With your BIS account, in addition to that you can connect up to 10 email addresses to your BlackBerry, including GoogleMail, Hotmail and Yahoo!Mail.

That being said, to download applications, several popular sites are available : Handango, Mobihand, getjar, AppWorld.

AppWorld is the application store by RIM. To use it you need to create a "BlackBerry ID"

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
kojilaymi
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: 22

Re: I cannot register for myBlackBerry ID

Hello,

Why is that I cant able to regeter in my Blacberry ID? i alredy followed all the steps but nothing happened. i cant ale to download my favorite applications and games.

MY phones unit is Curve 8520

Please use plain text.
sianty
My Device: Not Specified

Hello,
¡ Have ª problem with my blackberry id, everytime ¡ want to sign in he always said an error occured and ¡ couldn'ł download anything from my blacberry app world because that. My blackberry device is bold 9700 with os 5, thanks
Please use plain text.