Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: I cant upgrade my blackberry bold 9700 to 6 os helpp!!

Hi there, I've never seen that error, but could you try repeating the OS loading process using a different USB port?

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

ETed
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

I have an unlocked Bold 9700 orginally on AT&T, now using T-Mobile.  I am trying to upgrade to OS 6.0, but have encountered issues doing so.  Any suggestions?

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I have had some issues with upgrades at teh office when not having a proper SIM in them.

Manual device OS upgrade instructions:

1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

2. Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. Get DM here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

3. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.

4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."

5. This step is not needed unless there is an issue on next steps. Use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to step 6

6. remove internet connection to PC and reboot PC.

7. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file was in.

8. if you did Step 5, restore from back up. Follow this KB if needed http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339

Enjoy the new OS.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
buttner
My Device: Bold 9700, Curve 8520, Curve 8900, Storm 2

Does this method work for All Blackberry 9700's?

I would like to know asap as i would like to upgrade my OS. and do not want any issues, as it is brand new.

Thanks!

New Contributor
buttner
My Device: Bold 9700, Curve 8520, Curve 8900, Storm 2

Hi, i answered my own question.. i took the chance myself and tested whether this method worked.. and it works 100% :smileyvery-happy: im so happy with my new OS6 on my BlackBerry Curve 9700! :smileyvery-happy:

If ANYBODY, with a blackberry 9700 needs an upgrade to OS6.. this is the way to go! I love it :smileytongue:

Thanks knottyrope, done me a huge favour :smileyhappy:

just follow the instructions below :smileyvery-happy:

knottyrope wrote:

I have had some issues with upgrades at teh office when not having a proper SIM in them.

Manual device OS upgrade instructions:

1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

2. Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. Get DM here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

3. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.

4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."

5. This step is not needed unless there is an issue on next steps. Use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to step 6

6. remove internet connection to PC and reboot PC.

7. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file was in.

8. if you did Step 5, restore from back up. Follow this KB if needed http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339

Enjoy the new OS.

New Contributor
fahad313
My Device: Torch 9900

same problem here..... any one help me how to update os 6 on bold 9700...

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Have you tried the steps listed in previous posts? If so, give us a detailed description of exactly what you have tried so that we can help resolve the issue

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Jazinto
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

Hi...i'm using a Blackberry Bold 9700 with an OS of v5.0.0.400(platform 5.1.0.1.110)
i have being trying to update to OS 6 and it's getting no update for my device, what can i do cos i really need to get it updated!
Please assist.