Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
metro7844
My Device: bold 9700

Re: I forgot my username for my emails settings

i saw the previous posts but the same thing his happening to me now, i was wondering if i should change my sim card or evening my service provider and wide my phone if it would solve this problem?

i called my service provider(claro) and they asked for my sim,pin and my imei# and said that i should get a text message within two days with my username and i think i've waited long enough... so would a change of sim or service provider along with master resetting the phone help?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

metro7844 wrote:

i saw the previous posts but the same thing his happening to me now, i was wondering if i should change my sim card or evening my service provider and wide my phone if it would solve this problem?

i called my service provider(claro) and they asked for my sim,pin and my imei# and said that i should get a text message within two days with my username and i think i've waited long enough... so would a change of sim or service provider along with master resetting the phone help?

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Short answer -- no. There is nothing on your device that contains the credentials for BIS. Your BIS credentials and account are maintained at your carrier. So, regardless of what you do with the device, those credentials will be untouched. You need to persist with your carrier to reset your BIS account for you.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
metro7844
My Device: bold 9700

yes! !!:smileyvery-happy: i finally get my username and pass word so that i can access my email setup again, if anyone else should have this problem try calling your carrier and ask them for your BIS info which have your username and password instead of trying to explain what the problem is. that's how i get my after days of trying to tell them what's wrong

THANX FOR HELPING!

Contributor
SeanMaclair5678
My Device: Curve 8520, Pearl 8100

I found this really trivial way of getting your username:
Access your account via Google, go to Settings, Change Password and surprizingly enough, enter an invalid Password!
cherina_othman
My Device: curve 8250

i forgot my usr name and password and how  do i get my  user name and password back to log in.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

cherina_othman wrote:

i forgot my usr name and password and how  do i get my  user name and password back to log in.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please read this entire thread...your answer is already posted. If you don't understand something, then be specific about requesting clarification.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
j_gonzalez
My Device: 8530i

Re: I forgot my username

After searching everywhere I was unable to get my username or to log in to the app worls.

I really hope that somenoe pays attention to this before Dec 31st when the free apps will be over.

Please if someone can let me know how to get the username so I can log in, where to call what to do.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Re: I forgot my username

j_gonzalez wrote:

After searching everywhere I was unable to get my username or to log in to the app worls.

I really hope that somenoe pays attention to this before Dec 31st when the free apps will be over.

Please if someone can let me know how to get the username so I can log in, where to call what to do.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Perhaps you missed it...but did you read through this thread? If so, there were several things posted for you to attempt. Please report the specific things you attempted as well as the specific results of each attempt -- not just that "it did not work", but rather the exact things you saw when you made the attempts. Details please.

As for where to call -- that as well is posted herein...ALL formal support starts with your mobile service provider.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
fahadek
My Device: 8520

[ Edited ]

Hello Brother. I am From Saudi Arabia. I have also this problem. i am using MOBILY service provider. same like u said. they dont know anything.. just need money... i can't use facebook app and app world and twitter app without WIFI... i was called them more times. they said they don't know anything.. Btw.. i know ur problem. u can go to Zain Outlet if u want fix this problem. then they will fix this proble, sure.. All the best. (Sorry My English Not Good.. I hope you understand what i mean)