Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Contributor
y0us3f
My Device: Not Specified

I forgot my username for my emails settings

hello , i forgot my username for my email settings , and i told everyone about this problem they said i have to call Zain , im from Kuwait and zain is the Provider for BIS !

and Zain Kuwait are really stupid and know nothing about Blackberry ! i dont know why they sell it , and they give the services

they just want money but no support !

And evertime i contact them to get the username , they say no its not our problem we cant fix it , we'll call u later and they never call !

i talked to them again today , they keep saying that's ur problem we cant do anything for you , and we cant get ur username back , this is the first time we hear about this issue.

and please now i want to add and delete emails , i cant ! i just can get the password from : http://mtc.kw.blackberry.com/ when i put my pin ! but i cant get the username !

can anyone tell me what to do please ? im really sick of this

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,839
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: I forgot my username for my emails settings

Three solutions:

1. Remember your username and password

2. You carrier Zain can reset it for you (I know, you said they don't know how, but they can, so ask for ADVANCED or a higher level Tech Support, or for BlackBerry support).

or

3. On your BlackBerry device, go to the settings or setup wizard and sign in to the account there, you don't always need the account name and password when using the device.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
y0us3f

Thanks , but when i ask for advanced or higher level tech support ! they say ok we will call u back today , and they dont

and i tried to go to the settings or setup wizard .. i have to sign in .... to add / edit / delete emails

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,839
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

So, you need to just try harder to get support from your ZAIN carrier.

Sorry about your problems, you just need to press your carrier harder.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

X2...

I recall that, once the ID/pwd are configured for a BIS account, the device requires the same login...but has a checkbox to remember both, so it's no problem in future signing in via the device...as long as the credentials were entered correctly and the checkbox was ticked. But since you don't have that, the only folks who can fix this are the carrier...so yes, press harder (but be gentle...no venom, just persistence).

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
y0us3f

ok thanks alot guys ...

i dont have the remember me checkbox

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

y0us3f wrote:

i dont have the remember me checkbox

Hmmm...perhaps it is dependent on device OS version...I am not sure, but if it's not there, then it's not. Meaning that once this is fixed, you will really have to remember your ID/Pwd and enter them every time either logging in via the device interface or the BIS website. Sorry. Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
mdriver23

i am encountering the same problem is there any way how i can fix it myself without having to waste so much time on the over-the-phone support. It just takes too much time and i would just like to change the email settings, taking off my old email (On which i am getting endless loads of spam) and enter my current email adress.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

mdriver23 wrote:
i am encountering the same problem is there any way how i can fix it myself without having to waste so much time on the over-the-phone support. It just takes too much time and i would just like to change the email settings, taking off my old email (On which i am getting endless loads of spam) and enter my current email adress.

HI and Welcome to the Forums!

There are about 6 different problems that were discussed in this thread -- I'd request that you open a new thread and specify exactly which issues you are having, what you have already attempted, and what the results were. Then we can provide you with assistance that is targeted specifically for you.

Cheers!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Rideronthestorm

The carrier providing the BB service has what you can call '' Backend'' An application that allow them to controll your registration, in cas you buy a new blackberry and want you use the same sim card, they use it to change the the data of the device and send  configuration automatically.  they can simply view your username. If you had an answer like '' sorry i can't help you'' means  .. or digited a wrong number! or  the dude who got your call is totally unqualified. CALL THEM AGAIN!!!! There's noway elseto retrive the username.

Usually we hardly forget the username, i called my operatore and t told me simply the sim card i used is not correctly configurated, told me the username and send me the configuration by sms. Once you riceved that, take off the battery and try to inset user& pasword. It worked for me.

Please use plain text.