Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
D876
My Device: 9700
Accepted Solution

I have lost all Bbm Contacts

Hi, can someone help me please? I seem to have lost all my bbm contacts, even though i did quite a few backups before, i even did so with Blackberry Protect. I am at a loss here. 

All this happened when i changed service provider. I had asked them before if this would happen and there answer was no. All of asudden yesterday(a day after the switch) i was on the road and all my contacts disappeared. I have tried backing through Blackberry Protect to no result.

PLEASE, HELP.!!!!!!!!

PS I see a few ".bak" in "backup folder" and one "bbm.db" one step back up, if this is helpful.

Please use plain text.
Developer
ben1107
My Device: Z10, Playbook

Re: I have lost all Bbm Contacts

If you click on option in the contact under filter, is anything checked? If yes try to uncheck. You say your backups are not showing you the contacts? Try using advanced backup/restore setting to see if your backups have contacts and try to restore the contacts backup only.

If it fails, do a backup now and try to restore a full backup which you have when you hadn't lost your contacts
Twitter: @IAmBenGiey | Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Try my apps:
The Ultimate Currency Converter and T2G - BloGFeed
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
D876
My Device: 9700

Well, Thx, I went through the .bak files and found a old backup copy that had some contacts. I had to Manually select what to RESTORE though. I only checked BBM associated files. I have resolved to the fact that this is the best i can do. My contacts that i re-added said i didn't disappear from there list, I guess they were just not visible from my end. So I guess the rest will re-add me in due time.

Again Thx for your response.
Please use plain text.
franciscaalberts
My Device: curve 3960

Hi I updated my bb curve 9360 on my PC using blackberry desktop software it asked to make an backup and so it did after it was done I choose the restore option it restored everything accept my bbm contacts, I asked my friend what to do to get it back because she updates her bb regularly like that her answer was that it restores automatically but mine did not...... So my question to you is what should I do now

Please use plain text.