Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
paulwinkelhorst
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: bell

I switched email accounts - And now I forget ID password .. ahhhh!!!

I switched email providers awhile ago. 

Now I can't remember my device password to unlock my Torch when it connects to my computer.  I tried to reset it ... but it sent the reset-capability to my old email account that i don't have any more. 

What do I do?

Help!!!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: I switched email accounts - And now I forget ID password .. ahhhh!!!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I think you've got two separate things mixed up there. The Device Lock Password has no ability to be "sent" anywhere. The BB ID credentials, on the other hand, can be reset via email sent to the email account to which the BB ID account is registered. So, please clarify exactly what your situation is, as what you have described is basically impossible.

Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
paulwinkelhorst

I can't reset my credentials because my email account I set up the BB ID on is no longer functioning.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK, so contrary to what you said in your first post, it's your BB ID that is at issue, not your Device Lock password. OK.

Well, if that email account is truly not functioning, then there is really nothing to be done. All of the remedies require that you be able to receive an email on the email account that is registered. So, you needed to have changed your BB ID registration before killing off that email account.

As far as I know, the only people who could maybe do something about this are RIM themselves. To get to them, you must go through your formal support channel, which is your mobile service provider ("bell", according to your profile). Contact them and ask to be escalated into RIM to resolve this issue. Don't let your carrier try to tell you that you need to use another path to contact RIM...escalation from your carrier is the ONLY free path for you to receive any formal support from RIM.

BTW -- I have no idea if they will actually do so or not. BB's and all of their associated systems are highly secure, and the human element plays a key role in that security. The penalty for failure of the human element is often, in cases like this, losing the prior BB ID account completely, including all purchase records made thereon.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
paulwinkelhorst

Ok.

I got my blackberry ID password!  woo hoo.

Now I still can't connect my phone to the computer because I don't remember my device password.  Is there any way to get this password back again?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OH! So we are back to the Device Lock Password! That one is much more fatal...the answer to your question is "no". There is no "back door" or "master" password. Only the device lock password you created can unlock your BB. Indeed, once your BB itself locks (it should do so automatically, after a time duration you configured expires), you will not be able to unlock the BB itself.

Your only hope will be to fail that password the maximum times (usually 10) and allow the BB to wipe clean. Then you will start all over as if you just received it.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.