Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Super Contributor
RobertP
My Device: Classic, Passport

ICQ client problem - double connection to account?

I often get a message on the screen of my ICQ client in Blackberry 8900, that somebody has connected from a PC to my account and I am disconected on BlackBerry...but I know, nobody connected to it!! Very strange behaviour of the BlackBerry ICQ client. Somebody has got the same experience? Any ideas, please?
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: ICQ client problem - double connection to account?

are you sure your ICQ account has not been infected by a virus ?
or that you don't have a desktop client online ?

change the password of your ICQ account and see if that occurs again.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Super Contributor
RobertP

I am sure, everything is OK. I just switched to Beejive ICQ client program on my BlackBerry and have no more problem. It is sure a problem of the original program from RIM for Blackberry. It doesnt work well :smileysad:
Guru I
Xandrex

Le'ts face it: ICQ is on the down slope. the current owner (AOL) invests much more on AIM (for example you can use Google chat for Google contacts and AOL IM contacts).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Super Contributor
RobertP

Hmm, but icq is in Europe very popular and still use. There is not only US market in the world :smileyhappy:
Guru I
Xandrex

I live in Europe (France) and apart from early geeks that were on the Internet before Facebook & Myspace, all my contacts are using MSN Messenger (Windows Live Messenger).

Guru I
Xandrex

here is the market shares for july 2008 :

http://billionsconnected.com/blog/2008/08/global-im-market-share-im-usage/

France: 70% MSN.

ICQ is very used in the US (55%) and in Germany (45%)

Super Contributor
RobertP

All my freinds use icq :smileyhappy: But it doesnt matter, there is still a big question, why doesnt RIM fix some bugs in their programm, when icq clients from another companies runs good? Its no more question for me, I use Beejive now, but i t doesnt make good name for RIM. Not very professional. The same as not supporting full IMAP functions, like folders etc...RIM as one of the best producers of communicators worldwide, should do this. I know a lot of people, they would like to buy BlackBerry, but if they f.e. hear, IMAP folders canot be displayed, the go to another device.
Guru I
Xandrex

I don't know either. There are big features that are missing on BB devices, IMAP folders is the one that bothers me most, but I guess RIM still enhances the BES users, and so a fewer extend personal users under BIS.

Super Contributor
RobertP

I am a BES user and the boss of the company, who decide to run or not run Blackberry in the entire company. But I have a private email adress too, which runs on IMAP and I like to use it from my BlackBerry too. So the BES users are mostly BIS users too :smileyhappy: RIM should start thinking a little more complex :smileyhappy: