Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
Thasitis
My Device: Not Specified

IMAP-Server reachable via dyndns.org

Hi

I am new to BlackBerry and I have some trouble setting up my IMAP-Account in the BIS.

We are running our IMAP-Server on a Apple X-Serve which is reachable via an ourcompany.dyndns.org URL.

The connection is SSL encrypted everything else is standard.

Now my problem is that I have not found a way how to set up this IMAP-Account in BIS.

Have you any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: IMAP-Server reachable via dyndns.org

Are you trying through the email setup icon on the BlackBerry or on your carrier's BIS site?

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10154

Do any of the sceanarios in this KB article apply to you?

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB12765

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Thasitis

My administrator does'nt want to redirect my e-mails to another account.

We also set the the authentication to "clear" without any encryption. 

But there was also no chance to apply the account to the BIS.

I think this is a DNS problem between BIS and dyndns.org.

The only strange thing is, that it works on "normal" handsets, where I can enter the

Server-Informations directly. 

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

Hmmm. Not sure where to go from here. When you say normal handsets does that mean non-BlackBerry devices? What do you mean by "But there was also no chance to apply the account to the BIS."???
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Thasitis

Exactly, with normal handsets I mean non-BlackBerry-Devices.

I tried to create an Account, that is not working, so I can go to the "advanced settings" (don't know if its called like this in the english version) and enter the server-adress and the port manually. But there is no chance to. It stops on the screen, where I can enter the server-adress the first time and tells me to check the settings again.

And sorry if my english is not that good but I hope you can understand what I am trying to do. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

So does no BlackBerry work with your setup or is this the first one your trying?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Thasitis

[ Edited ]

I am the only one who is working with a BlackBerry. The other guys are using some iPhones and some SonyEricsson and Nokia Smartphones. Everyone can reach this Account with his phone. Only the BIS does'nt want to.

My Problem is that I need this IMAP-Account and I want to keep my BB ;-)

Do you think our Servers certificate could cause the problem?  I don't understand why the settings in the BIS are so restricted.

Message Edited by Thasitis on 12-22-2008 01:05 AM
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

It's certainly possible. I'm not sure what else to try honestly. Have you tried calling your carrier to see if they can put you in touch with RIM to see if they could help? Maybe they'll give you a definitive "no it can't be done", or know of some other workaround that we're missing..
Please use plain text.