Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Icon descritions

Does anyone know of a document that shows the icons that are on the BlacbBerry and what they do?  All material seems to be text only and icons do not seem to be a covered topic.

David

Regular Contributor

Re: Icon descritions

You and me both bud.  I haven't been able to find a comprehensive list for the life of me.
Contributor

Re: Icon descritions

may not be a list of icons and features but all you have to do is play with the apps and learn them or call your carrier support
New Contributor

Re: Icon descriptions

It isn't an application icon - it is a non-clickable icon as phone calls are made on the top right.  It is a black square with blue bars that increase in size.  Similar to a signal strength meter, but that is on the bottom on this model.

I have already tried talking to my carrier and none of the Technical Support in the call center or at a store has ever seen this.  The carrier's version of this phone manual only has the most common icons.

David

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold

I dont have that on mine, might be a carrier thing. But you can always hide it if you dont use it. Click menu, then Hide.
CEO/Editor In Cheif
www.SmartphoneNation.com

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

As mentioned before, it is NOT an application icon that you can hide.  I didn't have it at first, now I do.  May have hit a key combination that activated this.  Doesn't effect call quality - mostly curious.  Not willing at this point to call Canada for a fee-based tech support call!

David

Message Edited by DavidF on 04-05-2008 09:37 PM
New Contributor

What would be helpful is if BlackBerry support engineers/designers read this forums to help those whose questions can't be answered by the masses!

My 3 cents

David 

Retired

DavidF wrote:

What would be helpful is if BlackBerry support engineers/designers read this forums to help those whose questions can't be answered by the masses!

My 3 cents

David 

Hi DavidF,

Which carrier did you purchase your BlackBerry from? Which version of the BlackBerry software are you running?

New Contributor

Verizon Wireless and I just updated to v4.3.0.97 (platform 3.1.0.51) that was posted on Verizon Wireless' site on 2/28.

David

New Contributor

I found the answer thanks to thorough techs at RIM.  They sent me a screen capture tool and then researched it.  It is the Enhance Call Audio found in the menu once a call is initiated.  You can boost the bass or boost the treble.

David