Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Contributor
MBMcKeever
My Device: Not Specified

Inbox Limit of 900

I have seen a few places refer to the max number of emails in an Inbox being 900.  Does that include subfolders of the Inbox? 

I have two BlackBerrys that use OWA integration that become invalid daily.  From KB10536 I have learned that this is likely due to nightly back up of our Exchange server which has a higher priority process than the BIS polling of the Exchange server.  When the BIS polls, does it essentially count/retrieve all the emails in the Inbox and therefore is unable to complete during the nightly backup and ends up becoming invalid?  

I hope I have explained this well enough.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
bbhorrigan
My Device: 8900

Re: Inbox Limit of 900

I have had well over 900 emails in my inbox. I'm not sure where you read that limit. I've never heard of a limit on the inbox.

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
wusmani
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9000

Actually there is a recommendation from RIM for the maximum number of emails on the Inbox only (this does not include subfolders).

Have a look at these:

1- Unable to integrate OWA email account:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02858&slic...

2- Unable to receive emails from integrated OWA:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB10870&slic...

As for your question MBMcKeever, BIS basically traverses the whole Inbox folder while it is "polling" and this is why it times out during the nightly backups. This is also one reason why you don't receive emails if the Inbox folder has more than 900 emails.

My two cents..

WhackBerry_
Please use plain text.
Contributor
MBMcKeever
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks for the links and the info.  However, I had the user reduce his Inbox to below 500 and it is still becoming invalid during the nightly backup.  I am considering purchasing and installing the BlackBerry Professional software to manage my few users.  I would be interested in any feedback about this software.

Mike

Please use plain text.