Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Internet

I just got the pearl 8130, in an upgrade of my phone but not my plan. I have Sprint, and I have an old employee plan that allows me to pay less than $30 and get basically everything Sprint had to offer - one to two years ago, that is. Now, with this Blackberry, I'm not sure how my Vision plan is compatible (if at all) with my new phone.

So my question is this - is it necessary that I upgrade to a plan with the Blackberry Internet Service (nearly tripling my bill in doing so), or is there a way I can keep my old plan and still get more out of my Pearl?
Forums Advisor II
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Re: Internet

epunnett wrote:
So my question is this - is it necessary that I upgrade to a plan with the Blackberry Internet Service (nearly tripling my bill in doing so), or is there a way I can keep my old plan and still get more out of my Pearl?

Yes you need a BlackBerr data plan. Without it you will not be able to get email.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

this is  a question you should ask SPRINT
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I would have asked Sprint initially, however I wanted an impartial set of opinions/solutions before I went to Sprint, as of course the answer would be to go with the more profitable plan.