Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Administrator (Retired)
Beholder
My Device: BlackBerry Storm

Introducing Enhanced Google Mail™ plug-in for BlackBerry® smartphones

Enhanced Google Mail™ plug-in for BlackBerry® smartphones

Product Overview

The Enhanced Google Mail™ plug-in for BlackBerry® smartphones introduces an advanced level of email service integration for BlackBerry smartphones. It supports additional Google Mail™ features that provide BlackBerry® Internet Service subscribers with broader access to their Google Mail accounts while on the go.  The Enhanced Google Mail plug-in is optional. Existing and new Google Mail integrations will continue to function without it.

Note: The Enhanced Google Mail plug-in requires BlackBerry® Device Software 4.5 or later and Google Mail integration within the BlackBerry Internet Service. The Google Mail integration must use IMAP, not POP, to function correctly. Google Mail accounts integrated after March 2009 use IMAP. Deleting an existing account and re-integrating it will ensure that the account is using IMAP.
BlackBerry smartphone users with existing integrated Google Mail accounts must re-associate their email accounts to receive the link to download the Enhanced Google Mail plug-in.

Features

• Add and remove labels and stars on email messages
  • Report spam email messages
  • Perform local and remote searches
  • Archive email messages
  • View related email messages as a single conversation (threaded view)

Note: Synchronization happens in one direction, from the BlackBerry smartphone to the Google Mail account. This means that some changes that take place in the webmail UI are not reflected on the BlackBerry smartphone. These include:

• Applying labels and stars to email messages in Google Mail after they are retrieved by the BlackBerry Internet Service.
  • Labels that are renamed in Google Mail are not applied to the corresponding labels on the BlackBerry smartphone. The new label is synchronized to the BlackBerry smartphone, but does not replace the existing label.
  • Email messages that are marked as read, archived, or spam in Google Mail are not marked as spam on the BlackBerry smartphone.
  • Labels cannot be created, renamed, or deleted using the BlackBerry smartphone.

Top Knowledge Base Articles

Want to learn how to use your BlackBerry® smartphone? Visit youtube.com/blackberry to help you get the most out of your BlackBerry smartphone!

Do you have questions about your BlackBerry smartphone?

Go to mobile.blackberry.com on your BlackBerry smartphone to enter your question and get instant answers! 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
irad
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Introducing Enhanced Google Mail™ plug-in for BlackBerry® smartphones

How do I uninstall this plugin?
Please use plain text.
kg4gyt

So far I love the new plug-in for GMail.  The only feature that would make the app totally perfect would be the ability to have the message be archived when I hit the Delete button rather than moving it to the Trash folder on Google's server as well. 

Something like that would be nice as the default action in the settings.

Any chance we could see that in a future version?

Thanks again for the awesome plug-in.

Please use plain text.
kg4gyt

irad wrote:
How do I uninstall this plugin?

Options->Advanced Option->Applications

Then highlight it and hit the menu button and click on Delete.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jgb1222

i have the BB Storm & the first time i installed it, it was working great.  then i wanted to clean up my folders/labels & did so online & uninstalled the Gmail plug-in.  then when i went through the process of setting up gmail & then the gmail plug-in. now when i go to my gmail account on the BB, it switches to a half screen & looks like the screen of a BB with the physical querty keyboard & doesn't look like the inbox of a storm.

how can i fix this?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vtjones

I have installed the plugin and I am loving the added functions but I am having to manage my gmail in both boxes.  Under the integrated inbox I of course do not have the new options but when I go to the enhanced one and archive, mark read or delete that status does not reflect into the integrated one.  It is driving me crazy to have to manage all my gmail email twice.  I am also a BES user so that makes picking out the gmail email even more frustrating as it is mixed with my exchange mail.  This plugin either needs to keep both boxes synced or maybe even better would be an option to allow the user to separate the BIS email accounts form the BES/Integrated mail box.  I already separate my SMS and would love to have my gmail also be separate so that I can easily see one account at a time.  :-)

Thanks,

Tom 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jannemans
My Device: 8900 Curve

I'm having the same issue, in my combined inbox (sms/mail), the options are not available when I select a gmail-message.

But when I go to the seperate gmail-inbox, they are.

Not a big issue for me, but having it combined would be great/better.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vtjones

Are you also seeing the issue of archiving and having the email go from the enhanced gmail specific mailbox and staying in the main combined one?  That seems to be my main issue.  Also a bit annoying is the fact that delete works from both but nothing else but that is livable.  Having the archive from one and then delete handheld only from the other is what I am finding to be a killer.  :-) 

Tom

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
benpike
My Device: Curve 8900 (Javelin)

Yeah I'm having this issue also.

I'm also having an issue where if (via filters in GMail) I have some messages set up not to go to my inbox, but sit in "all mail" (auto archived) so I can read them later at my own leisure - yet ever since installing this plugin - ALL of those messages are coming to my "messages" folder! And I have no idea how to make them stop :-(

I love the added functionality if the plugin, but when messages I told NOT to come to my inbox start coming to my inbox - it gets annoying.

I'm not sure if it's a GMail, IMAP, or BlackBerry problem. I've tried "do not show in IMAP" under GMail's advanced IMAP settings, but I'm still getting them.

Anyone else having this issue and have a fix?

Please use plain text.
leelance

I'm having a problem where I can *only* see email in the inbox that has arrived since installing the plugin. I have tried re-removing the accoung and adding it, removing the plugin and re-adding it, restarting the BB, etc. It has been more than 12 hours since I installed it, so surely the lag isnt that long.

If I change filters where there are older emails, I can't see any of them, just the text that says * No Messages *.

I am using my own domain name via Google Apps, not a GMail address. Using BIS.

I noticed that even if I have POP disabled in my account settings (on Google Apps), every time I kill my account on BIS, Google is RE-enabling POP. I thought this new plugin used IMAP? Perhaps this is unrelated... I dont know...

Please help if you have any ideas!

Please use plain text.