Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
johnschneider
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Introducing Enhanced Google Mail™ plug-in for BlackBerry® smartphones

since installing, and now uninstalling, the Gmail plugin, I no longer receive email on the bb that I send to myself from the pc. and I no longer receive copies of emails on the bb that i send to other people from the pc.

before the plugin i received all those emails immediately. so i uninstalled it, but i still don't receive them.

what do i need to do to start receiving those emails again - without the plugin,

TKB
TKB
My Device: Storm

I received a new BB Storm under warranty, replacing my older model. I received the invitation to download the Gmail plugin after initializing my existing Gmail account to the new phone. After downloading the plugin I could only see the Gmail account icon on the Home screen if I received a new email. After opening the message and closing Gmail the Home screen icon for Gmail would disappear. I repeated the process twice to confirm the relationship between the icon disappearing and the new plugin. It is almost as if the new mail alert was triggering the appearance of the mail icon so once the mail is opened up, the new mail alert disappears along with the Gmail icon. I removed the plugin and now my Gmail icon remains on my Home screen. Am I doing something wrong that is causing this issue? Is this a bug that needs to be worked out?
dominicanops

Ever since I installed the Plug-in, I can't see the sent messages.  When I go to the "Sent Mail" folder, it says there are *No Messages* but I have sent numerous messages from my BB and they were recieved to those I sent it to. Furthermore, when I log on to Gmail from the desktop, it shows the sent messages I sent from my BB.  I would like to see the sent messages that I sent from the BB, not have to log on to the desktop.  I think its super weird that it says "no Messages" in the sent mail folder when that is simply not the case.  If I had to guess its doing some sort of auto delete of my sent messages!  Help please!!!
jobbagy
My Device: bbb 9000

Hello,

I wanted to install the enhanced gmail plugin for my brand new 9000, but the link in the automated message was broken, showing up 404 error.

Is there any way you think to have a new or amended link for download?

Thanks, István

PaulValenzuela

Do you know how to remove it from a BB Storm??? .. I tried everything but had no luck so far...

New Contributor
tiggertiffin87
My Device: Curve 8300

You need to set the options to show you the sent messages.  In your gmail box (the enhanced one), go to menu and options.  Under General options look for "Hide Sent Messages" and change it to YES.

New Contributor
tiggertiffin87
My Device: Curve 8300

To uninstall the program, connect your Blackberry to your computer and start Desktop Manager. Click on Application Loader and click Start under Add/Remove Programs.  Then just look for the program, uncheck the box and click Next and follow the rest of the steps.

New Contributor
passant

I see that the plug in is supposed to sync contacts over the air.

But I dont see a setting for this, and well, it's not happening for me.

I am using a blackberry that also has BES.

New Contributor
benpike
My Device: Curve 8900 (Javelin)

this feature has to be implemented at the BIS level (via your wireless carrier)

New Contributor
passant

thanks, I use t-mobile.

can I do this wirelessly via the device or via the BIS web page?