Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

ksanchith
My Device: 8820

Re: Introducing Enhanced Google Mail™ plug-in for BlackBerry® smartphones

I have been having the following issue ever since I installed the plugin. This is what happens.

As per the directions of the support page, I

1. Deleted my existing account in the BIS site.

2. Added gmail account.

3. Received an email with the link to the gmail plugin.

4. After I install the plugin, I get the error that my email is not validated.

5. Even after validating the email, my mails are not delivered to my device.

6. I go through the entire process of deleted the gmail entry and adding is again, getting the link to install the plugin but it does not help.

I have installed gmail app for now, but I cannot find a solution to the plugin problem.

I have verified that I am running the latest version available of the Blackberry Device Software.

Model: 8820

New Contributor
passant
My Device: Not Specified

I recently upgraded my 8900 Curve to 5.0 OS and now for some reason the Plug-in is not doing what it's supposed to do.

My gmail account is loading fine, but there are none of the options (Starred etc) that were there before the OS upgrade.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the latest version of the plug-in, but still nothing.

Any ideas of what might be up?

New Contributor
passant

Just posted a similar issue with an upgrade to 5.0 on my 8900 Curve.  It's installed but not functioning.

New Contributor
coffee166

I did the same things you did last evening, and I couldn't get anything to work either. I had to do a battery pull for another application I was installing and whammo there was my gmail mailbox, and it works great. See if that works.

D. Sharp

mleidlein
My Device: Curve 8310

How can I keep the Gmail inbox from showing up in the messages folder? I want to keep SMS separate from my gmail inbox.

Right now everything shows up in the Messages folder.

bgrow
My Device: Tour

Is there a keyboard shortcut for archiving?

New Contributor
italiano329
My Device: Blackberry Tour

I have the Blackberry Tour and use Gmail.  Now, it groups messages together and doesn't show who my emails are to until I open up the conversation... it just says "2 items".  Is this because of the plug-in?  Does anyone know how to delete this from my phone and go back to the old way where every email sent and received shows up?

New Contributor
italiano329

Hello I have a BlackBerry Tour 9630 with Verizon service.  I just updated my phone, and it changed how my gmail account is shown.  It groups emails together into one line and only shows: "2 Items" or "6 items" instead of the person that the email is to/from unless I actually click on it and then it shows some of the emails.  Is this because of the Google Enhanced plug-in?  If so, is it possible to go back to the old way?  Can someone write the steps in order to do it?  I deleted the gmail account off of my device and put it back on but it didn't change anything.

New Contributor
Jude526

I had the same thing happen when I did the OS upgrade and I didn't have the gmail plug-in

I called Verizon and they couldn't help me with my issues on the new OS

I wasn't happy with the changes and the lack of battery power.  It really caused my battery to drain,

my bluetooth wasn't clear and other issues as well.

I know I am not answering your question just wanting you to know you aren't the only one with these issues.  I hate how this OS is and I downgraded back to the 4.7  

I also didn't like the threaded texting and how the phone numbers were as well.  If this is how they are improviing our BB OS  then they can keep it  !

New Contributor
italiano329

Understood... how do you downgrade back to the old OS then if we cannot change it.  I like all the other features just not the change in Gmail.