Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

ksanchith
My Device: 8820
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Introducing Enhanced Google Mail™ plug-in for BlackBerry® smartphones

I have been having the following issue ever since I installed the plugin. This is what happens.

As per the directions of the support page, I

1. Deleted my existing account in the BIS site.

2. Added gmail account.

3. Received an email with the link to the gmail plugin.

4. After I install the plugin, I get the error that my email is not validated.

5. Even after validating the email, my mails are not delivered to my device.

6. I go through the entire process of deleted the gmail entry and adding is again, getting the link to install the plugin but it does not help.

I have installed gmail app for now, but I cannot find a solution to the plugin problem.

I have verified that I am running the latest version available of the Blackberry Device Software.

Model: 8820

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
passant
My Device: Not Specified

I recently upgraded my 8900 Curve to 5.0 OS and now for some reason the Plug-in is not doing what it's supposed to do.

My gmail account is loading fine, but there are none of the options (Starred etc) that were there before the OS upgrade.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the latest version of the plug-in, but still nothing.

Any ideas of what might be up?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
passant

Just posted a similar issue with an upgrade to 5.0 on my 8900 Curve.  It's installed but not functioning.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
coffee166

I did the same things you did last evening, and I couldn't get anything to work either. I had to do a battery pull for another application I was installing and whammo there was my gmail mailbox, and it works great. See if that works.

D. Sharp

Please use plain text.
mleidlein
My Device: Curve 8310
My Carrier: ATT

How can I keep the Gmail inbox from showing up in the messages folder? I want to keep SMS separate from my gmail inbox.

Right now everything shows up in the Messages folder.

Please use plain text.
bgrow
My Device: Tour
My Carrier: Verizon

Is there a keyboard shortcut for archiving?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
italiano329
My Device: Blackberry Tour
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I have the Blackberry Tour and use Gmail.  Now, it groups messages together and doesn't show who my emails are to until I open up the conversation... it just says "2 items".  Is this because of the plug-in?  Does anyone know how to delete this from my phone and go back to the old way where every email sent and received shows up?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
italiano329

Hello I have a BlackBerry Tour 9630 with Verizon service.  I just updated my phone, and it changed how my gmail account is shown.  It groups emails together into one line and only shows: "2 Items" or "6 items" instead of the person that the email is to/from unless I actually click on it and then it shows some of the emails.  Is this because of the Google Enhanced plug-in?  If so, is it possible to go back to the old way?  Can someone write the steps in order to do it?  I deleted the gmail account off of my device and put it back on but it didn't change anything.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jude526
My Carrier: Verizon

I had the same thing happen when I did the OS upgrade and I didn't have the gmail plug-in

I called Verizon and they couldn't help me with my issues on the new OS

I wasn't happy with the changes and the lack of battery power.  It really caused my battery to drain,

my bluetooth wasn't clear and other issues as well.

I know I am not answering your question just wanting you to know you aren't the only one with these issues.  I hate how this OS is and I downgraded back to the 4.7  

I also didn't like the threaded texting and how the phone numbers were as well.  If this is how they are improviing our BB OS  then they can keep it  !

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
italiano329

Understood... how do you downgrade back to the old OS then if we cannot change it.  I like all the other features just not the change in Gmail. 

Please use plain text.