Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

markpeters
My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Introducing Enhanced Google Mail™ plug-in for BlackBerry® smartphones

I just picked up the new Torch 9800. When I went to install the enhanced gmail plugin it responded with "sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support the Enhanced Google Mail plug-in for BlackBerry smartphones"...
Please use plain text.
claudioabad
My Device: Bold 8900
My Carrier: Vodafone IT

Hi

I'm working @ IT Area in a company that use gmail and BB (not BES).

We're using Google Enterprise Service, so our domain name is not gmail.com but our company.com, but is still gmail, so after install Gmail plug-in I can't see any new option on the menu related to Gmail messages.

Can you confirm that plug in Gmail works for gmail.com domain only?

Many thanks

Claudio

PS: I probed on both BB Bold 8900 OS V5.0.0.411 and BB 8310 Edge OS 4.5.0.44

plugin version 2.0.0.41  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bechols
My Device: 9000

zpaul wrote:

Here is one way of doing it. People succeeded, but mine 9700 gives me an error.

Here is a way to do it without using 3rd part apps… seems to put it back to how it was before BIS 3.0
Go into email setup and delete your gmail  address, once it is gone still in the email settings…
Click on add and choose other (not gmail)
Type in an email address anything @ anything.com
And type in any password
Click next
Itll warn you that the data you entered was not correct
But after that it will let you input your own settings, in this screen you can change the email address to x x @ gmail.com
Supply your password
Server is imap.gmail.com
Username is x @ gmail.com (full thing with @gmail.com)
Once this is done it will have added your email account but not added it using the advanced gmail plugin and as such it will act and feel like it has up to now.
Still no 2 way read sync, but at least when you archive using the web, it will update the blackberry inbox too.
Hope this helps
Btw – really annoyed with RIM for this stupid update – love the functionality of being to label and search from the phone, but not syncing the archives you do online, so pathetic.

Worked for me.  I got the gmail plugin (by default, not choice) when I upgraded to OS 5.  Some of the features were nice, but not enough to outweigh the extra times I had to press buttons just to quickly look at an email I had received.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bluedevil
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Sprint

I deleted the e-mail account I added using the Enhanced Google Mail feature.

I also used the following link I got in a separate post to download the "heritage" Gmail App with the red & white envelope.

http://m.google.com/mail

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bluedevil

Uninstall the Enhanced Google Mail plug-in & install the "heritage" Gmail app:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bluedevil

Uninstall the plug-in & re-install the Heritage App:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bluedevil

Reinstall the Heritage Gmail App:

Please use plain text.
sharke
My Device: Not Specified

I can't believe how few people are complaining about the absolute worst feature of this Gmail plugin, which is that the inbox does not show the names of thread participants. You open your inbox and all you see are the number of items in a conversation, and the subject title of the conversation. You have no way of knowing who those conversations are with until you open them. This is all well and good for a light user who remembers each and every subject title and who they're associated with, but for a business user who may be getting emails with very similar subject titles, it's an absolute nightmare.

For example, in my current inbox, the first five subjects are "meeting," "Friday meeting," "Meeting," "Meeting on Friday" and "Friday." They are all from different people. I get bunches of emails with similar subject titles all the time and I'm forever having to open them to see which is which.

I simply can't believe that Blackberry would screw up such an important aspect of an email plugin. If they wanted to give users an authentic Gmail experience then they would have had the subject lines thus:

Me, Chris

Friday meeting (4)

This is how it's done in the browser Gmail and it's basically a no-brainer. It's not as if there isn't enough space to fit the participants in there, and it's not as if such a thing would be hard to program. I figure it's one extra line of code at most. Incredible that a company so renowned for their email experience would execute a basically good idea so badly.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gbooster
My Device: Not Specified

Hi,

I was wondering when Blackberry will introduce a new version of this plug-in. I really like the Gmail priority inbox, and it would be great to add support for the priority inbox in the new version of the plug-in, so you can choose to forward only messages who are marked by Gmail as 'important'.

Will work perfectly for me and my Gmail mailboxes!

Regards,

Geert

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jagga
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

gbooster wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering when Blackberry will introduce a new version of this plug-in. I really like the Gmail priority inbox, and it would be great to add support for the priority inbox in the new version of the plug-in, so you can choose to forward only messages who are marked by Gmail as 'important'.

Will work perfectly for me and my Gmail mailboxes!

Regards,

Geert

Priority Inbox is only for desktops and also android currently - which sucks. However before RIM & Google work together to bring in yet another feature, I'd like for the current enhanced gmail plugin to support BB6. 

I have yet to read anyone successfully have it working - not just installed. 

* no abiltity to label, 

* no ability to File msg's. 

& no ability to lookup. 

Please use plain text.