Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
benpike
My Device: Curve 8900 (Javelin)

Re: Introducing Enhanced Google Mail™ plug-in for BlackBerry® smartphones

I, too, use T-Mobile.

The way I understand it - it's not yet available on our network.

I use the "Google Sync" application available at http://m.google.com/sync (from your mobile device).

The Google Sync appliction will syncronize your contacts and calendar items with your GMail account. I use it to keep my Moto Droid and Curve 8900 perfectly in sync. Works wonderfully.

New Contributor
keithf
My Device: 8830

I too am usong google apps for my domain.

How did you get the plugin to work for your domain? I have tried but for some reason it doesn't work with our domain?

Thanks

New Contributor
jct38
My Device: 9700 Bold

I have just installed this and all seems to be working smoothly apart from the Remote Search function.

Whenever I search for emails remotely, the resulting list of emails are all displayed until today's date at various times in a random order, rather than being ordered by date on which they were received.

Any help on this odd finding appreciated!

New Contributor
marascma
My Device: Bold 9700

Hi guys,

I've been struggling with this plugin all day... I'm hoping that someone here knows what to do.

I have this phone:

Bold 9700

OS version 5.0.0.423

I've tried a number of things to get the plugin to work:

- reinstall the newest version of the plugin (2.0.0.25), deleted my gmail BIS integration, then reinstall

- deleted the plugin and my gmail, reinstalled plugin then gmail

- deleted plugin, reinstalled gmail then the plugin

- deleted plugin followed by battery out restart, then gmail

in every case, when I add associate the gmail account with my BIS, I dont recieve the said PIN message that other posts / the support page discusses.  I don't see any of the plugin features in the 'gmail' message icon/page (I know that they will not show in the general message program).

gmail otherwise works fine with BIS.  Any thoughts?

in options>applications>add-on 'enhanced gmail plug-in' is there (2.0.0.25) with the three 'modules'

I've searched forums for hours - anyone know anything that I don't know?

Thanks for any help!

- Mark

New Contributor
jct38
My Device: 9700 Bold

Mark -

Sounds like you've gone through all the struggles I went through a couple of days back (also on a Bold 9700).

I've still not worked out what it was I did that enabled the plugin to work. After trying everything you tried - and never, ever receiving a message with a PIN - the additional functionality just appeared and began working.

So, now it all seems to work as described - except for the issue with searing the remote mailbox which I have asked about above.

Sorry not be to of any help - although from my experience you needn't worry about having not received a message with a PIN.

The only thing worth checking is having you enabled IMAP functionality from within your Gmail account? (Gmail > Settings > Forwarding & POP/IMAP > Enable IMAP)

New Contributor
marascma

jct38,

Thanks for the reply.  I'll check it from time to time to see if it kicks in like yours.  Gmail IMAP / POP is on.

Thanks for the reply

- Mark

adkalra
My Device: 9700

I am having the same exact issue as Mark.  I tried everything he listed.  I did not get the PIN message with a link to download the enhanced gmail plugin. I have a blackberry bold 9700.  I checked and enhanced gmail plugin is indeed preinstalled on my device.  I tried to install/reinstall/delete gmail/resetup gmail/sent service books about 100 times.  I still do not get the enhanced gmail plugin options in my messaging application.  If anyone figures out what is the problem is please post it here.  I cant believe that Mark and I are the only ones having this problem.

I am running BB OS

Enhanced gmail version

Thanks,

Amit

New Contributor
pmastroianni

I have been having the same issue.  What bugged me was it was all working when I move from a Curve to the Bold using the Device Switch.

Today I had to re-create my Google Apps Domain connection which resulted in the pluggin not working.

Out of pure fluke, I tried to see if I went through the setup process using my gmail account, and sure enough the Enhanced Plug-in worked.

I deleted both account and decided to try one more time to connect to my Google Apps domain account.  IT WORK!!

New Contributor
davidbessler

Is there any way to see labeled archived messages?  It seems a little silly to be able to filter messages by label, but only if they are unarchived.  Searching remotely by label is not available either.  The point of an inbox is to be able to clear it.  I can't archive anything if it is no longer available afterwards.  Having to go to the messages application to see my archived mail is a poor solution, don't you think?  This is not really a plugin.  Rather it is an application with missing features.

ch33ky

Exactly the same problems as everyone else - 9700 with 5.0.0.442 / Enhanced gmail version 2.0.0.25 - and have tried everything to get it working.

My problems started when I upgraded from stock Orange UK .351 but the version of the plugin preinstalled with .442 was 2.0.0.32 but didn't work, so I uninstalled it and downloaded .25... and that doesn't work for me either.

I've never had any problems in the past with the 9000 or 9700 pre- OS upgrade.