Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
ajhaes
My Device: torch
Accepted Solution

Is this BBM message for real?!?!

I just got this BBM message forwarded to me : Message from Jim Balsamic (CEO of RIM Blackberry) we have had an over usage of user names on Blackberry Messenger. We are requesting all users to forward this message to their entire contact list. If you do not forward this message, we will take it as your account is invalid and it will be deleted within the next 48 hours. Please DO NOT ignore this message or blackberry will no longer recognise your pin. If you wish to re-activate your account after it has been deleted, a charge of 25.00 will be added to your monthly bill. We are also aware of the issue involving the pictures updates not showing. We are working diligently at fixing this problem and it will be up and running as soon as possible. Thank you for your cooperation. Is this for real? I noticed that recognize was spelled wrong and it just didn't seem to make sense, but who knows anymore? I don't even know how to forward a message through BBM if I wanted to. Not sure what to do with this one. Any help anyone can give would be much appreciated! :-)
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,840
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Is this BBM message for real?!?!

[ Edited ]

ajhaes, greetings and welcome to the forum.

1. This same question has been asked in the forum here dozens of times.

2. The Co-CEO (not CEO) of RIM is named Jim Balsillie, not Balsamic (which is an aged vinegar produced in Italy); secondly, the company name is BlackBerry, not Blackberry, and finally if you think RIM monitors your BlackBerry Messenger messages to know if or not you re-send that message, don't you think RIM could read all of your messages? Would you put up with that?

3. Do you currently get a bill from BlackBerry to which they can add 25.00 to? Users are normally billed by their mobile service provider, not RIM or BlackBerry.

So, what do you think?

Solution? Delete the user from your BBM contacts who was stupid enough to send the message to you.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ajhaes
My Device: torch

Re: Is this BBM message for real?!?!

Thank you!  I thought it was odd.