Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
marko_dalibor
My Device: 8900

Is this promo real ? (500,000GBP win)

Blackberry Promo. Your Mobile Number has won 500,000GBP in the Blackberry Awards. To claim your prize send email to; blackberryclaimdesk@hotmail.com
New Contributor
marko_dalibor
My Device: 8900

Re: Is this promo real ? (500,000GBP win)

Hi All, This is the SMS message I received today on my mobile phone (Nokia). I have also BB8900 and I have registered to few of different sites, but anyway. Do you think this promo is real ?
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

hello,

the email is blackberryclaimdesk@hotmail.com : this is cleary an email address that would not be used by RIM.

-> it is probably a phishing email. Do not send any email to that address.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I would not trust anything from hotmail

What are the odds of winning that twice?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Jeshy
My Device: No blackberry

Re: alert Black berry promo text a scam

I received a text tonight stating; CONGRATS: YOUR MOBILE NUMBER HAS WON YOU THE SUM OF $2,000,000 USD ON THE ONGOING Black Berry PROMO. FOR CLAIMS EMAIL FULL NAMES & MOBILE NUMBER TO: claim2011pro@live.com. Obviously this is a scam. Hopefully nobody emails them cus their probably trying to get ur info. Would appreciate if blackberry can look into this for me.
dianenoumeir78
My Device: bold

Hi, I have received the same text saying that i have won $2000,000.00 and i have emailed back my address and my full name , Iam very worried if its a scam.... and i rang the number his name is Dr Harry wealth and he said to me that yes i have won and he is sending a cheque within seven days....oh my god can somebody reply to me and explain further please
donkelly
My Device: Blackberry 8700

Hi

I also got the same message sent to my mobile today. It appears to be a scam - have you had any contact within the 7 days as the scammer had indicated? Seems so odd that we are all receiving such emails to Blackberry phones - what ever happened to personal security.

D

Justin21
My Device: Blackberry Bold

Hi

Im sorry if I have breached any forum regulation, I dont actually own a blackberry, but thought it was more than relevant to join to reply to this thread.

Im from Aus, dont own a blackberry, but likewise I have received an sms claiming to have won 2,000,000 USD through a blackberry promo, which I never recall entering.

Definitely not legitimate, what action is blackberry going to take?

Warn friends and relative folks.

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

donkelly wrote:

Seems so odd that we are all receiving such emails to Blackberry phones - what ever happened to personal security.

RIM is not an email provider. Its job is to get the emails (all of them!) from the email provider to your device.

Spam cannot be perceived as personal security.

On the other hand, if you wish to not see those messages, I suggest you look for an email provider that has good performance in detecting and getting rid of spam messages. It is the case of AOL email (don't laugh!) and of Google Mail. It is absolutely not the case of live.com or msn.com or hotmail.com emails.

In my opinion, RIM will not take any specific measures regarding the emails people can receive.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
chiwuzy
My Device: bold

ya it z 100 percent real,hw I wish I could be that lucky to win a blackberry