Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
david891
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: o2

Loads of random foreign BBM Adds

Hello can someone help... I am getting loads (50+) random BBM adds from foreign people every day and its getting really annoying, I have tried going into options, firewall, block PIN but its not working does anyone have a solution?

regards

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Loads of random foreign BBM Adds

Where did you get the device?

Unfortunately, there is little you can do except ask your carrier for a replacement device. The BBM adds come from the device pin. It's possible the device you have is a refurbished device that someone used before you had it.

Another option is to google your pin and see if there are hits on the Internet for it. If you find them, contact the admins at those sites and see if you can get them to remove the pin.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
david891

My PIN does appear on google for 2 sites but on thoso sites there is nothing there for a contact email or anything.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

What sites are they?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
david891
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

I don't think those sites are where the adds are coming from. Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do. Contact your carrier...maybe they'll swap out the device for another.
Please use plain text.