Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Visitor
x_malibubabe
My Device: Curve 8520

Location settings/GPS can't change the options - used to be able to!

I've read another thread with the same problem and people are saying you must've been connected to something with GPS - I haven't, nobody in my house has a phone or anything else that connects to GPS so it's not possible.

I was trying to get this new Facebook Places working and did something that seemed to work for a few 8520 users - Update the OS through the Desktop Software. I updated to the latest one and when I go Options > Advanced Options > Location Settings (It used to be GPS Settings or something similar, not Location Settings) I used to get GPS none and be able to switch my Location Services off and on. Since updating, I only get GPS none and Location Services off, no option to change either.

BB Maps used to find my location fine, Foursquare was good at finding very nearby locations so it must work using something other than GPS.  I've updated everything only to try and get bloody FB Places working and it's not even worth it, I can't even use BB Maps now!

Is there anything I can do? I've tried re-installing maps and Foursquare but neither can find my location anymore so I believe it was something to do with the update.

New Contributor
mccann4141
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Location settings/GPS can't change the options - used to be able to!

I have Just got a new curve 8520 an I also can't change the settings on GPS to turn it on . Can someone please help
pete052001
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

I am having the same issue. I downloaded POINT and it said it can't track my location and the Facebook application to check you location is the same way.  When I go to Options>Adavanced Options>GPS; under GPS Services is says 'Location Off'  but it wont give me the option to change it. It also does not give me the option to change the GPS Data Souce.....what's up?

imrie1985
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

I have the exact same problem can any1 help av tried everythin :smileysad:

damario
My Device: 8520

i have same problem too please someone help :smileysad:

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

The Curve 8520 does not have GPS so that's where the problem lies.

I hope that clears things up. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.