If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Reply
JSanders
Posts: 83,817
Likes: 22,795
Solutions: 5,875
Registered: ‎04-01-2008
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Lost or Stolen BlackBerry -- What to do?

Well, yea a thief is going to do what their gonna do, you really can't control that. But many more users lose their devices than have them stolen, so Protect can be a great service.




1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes


Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cheezerath
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎11-27-2012
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Etisalat Nigeria

Re: Lost or Stolen BlackBerry -- What to do?

i installed bb protect and was backing up regularly. When i sign in on bb protect website, it says my action will be completed when the phone has wireless service but someone is currently using the phone.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Posts: 83,817
Likes: 22,795
Solutions: 5,875
Registered: ‎04-01-2008
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Lost or Stolen BlackBerry -- What to do?


cheezerath wrote:
i installed bb protect and was backing up regularly. When i sign in on bb protect website, it says my action will be completed when the phone has wireless service but someone is currently using the phone.

Perhaps the device is currently away from a signal area.

 




1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes


Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
inciogan
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎12-12-2012
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Turkcell

Re: Lost or Stolen BlackBerry -- What to do?

Hi,

 

I have an bold 9700 and I bought it from Turkey. And it is stolen when I was in France so although I submit it to police they said me my service provider can block it by imei number. However I didn't had my sim inside when it was stolen so I can't block it by my service provider. How can I block it by RIM directly by sending my identity details and the police report?

 

thanks

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Posts: 83,817
Likes: 22,795
Solutions: 5,875
Registered: ‎04-01-2008
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Lost or Stolen BlackBerry -- What to do?


inciogan wrote:

I have an bold 9700 and I bought it from Turkey. And it is stolen when I was in France so although I submit it to police they said me my service provider can block it by imei number. However I didn't had my sim inside when it was stolen so I can't block it by my service provider. How can I block it by RIM directly by sending my identity details and the police report?


Your home mobile provider can still block the device by knowing the IMEI of the device, even if the SIM card was not inserted at the time of the loss.




1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes


Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
inciogan
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎12-12-2012
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Turkcell

Re: Lost or Stolen BlackBerry -- What to do?

Well, I know that but the problem is; I bought my mobile in Turkey from a Turkish service provider. Since 1 year I live in France and the mobile is stolen here. I have been to the police to make the decleration but when I have sent it to Turkey to my service provider they told me that they can't do anything for the case unless I go back to Turkey to make a decleration to Turkish police, which is so stupid. I can't go back to Turkey just to block my mobile. For the moment the only thing I can do is to contact RIM to block it but unfortunetaly it's impossible as well. I don't know what to do with the case, I can't block it and I am sure it will be sold many times until I'll find a way to block it :No:

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Posts: 83,817
Likes: 22,795
Solutions: 5,875
Registered: ‎04-01-2008
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Lost or Stolen BlackBerry -- What to do?


inciogan wrote:

Well, I know that but the problem is; I bought my mobile in Turkey from a Turkish service provider. Since 1 year I live in France and the mobile is stolen here. I have been to the police to make the decleration but when I have sent it to Turkey to my service provider they told me that they can't do anything for the case unless I go back to Turkey to make a decleration to Turkish police, which is so stupid. I can't go back to Turkey just to block my mobile. For the moment the only thing I can do is to contact RIM to block it but unfortunetaly it's impossible as well. I don't know what to do with the case, I can't block it and I am sure it will be sold many times until I'll find a way to block it :No:


Well, that's a problem with Turkey and your Turkish mobile provider being butt-headed.

 

RIM doesn't block phones, the providers do. Sorry.




1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes


Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
josuasuper
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎12-16-2012
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: 3

Re: Lost or Stolen BlackBerry -- What to do?

I have same problem, my curve 8900 stolen 2 weeks agoi and I want to suspend it. Can you help me, please.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Posts: 83,817
Likes: 22,795
Solutions: 5,875
Registered: ‎04-01-2008
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Lost or Stolen BlackBerry -- What to do?


josuasuper wrote:
I have same problem, my curve 8900 stolen 2 weeks agoi and I want to suspend it. Can you help me, please.

As written in the initial post:

Next, call your mobile provider. If your BlackBerry is unretrievable, you need to ask your service provider to block or suspend the SIM so that no one can make charges to your account. Some service providers will also block or suspend the IMEI / PIN of the device also, so that it can no longer be used on the BlackBerry network, but not all will do this. Not all carriers will do this, only calling and asking will answer the question.




1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes


Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
josuasuper
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎12-16-2012
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: 3

Re: Lost or Stolen BlackBerry -- What to do?

Why rim doesn,t block pin?! Strange, rim own the server, doesn't he? So rim can block any or even all pin In the world. Why rim tolerate this kind of criminal problem, rim should help the costumers not just think about profit.
Please use plain text.