Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
Pablo987
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Lost or Stolen BlackBerry -- What to do?

Hi I just got back my blackberry torch after over a year of not having it and I can't remember the password. I have some data on my phone that I would really like to retain but I am on the 6th and final password attempt. Is there anything that I can do to retireve this data?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

It is good practice to keep backups of your data on a PC or in another device. It is also good practice to have backup of your phone in your computer. If you use an obscure password or one you feel you may forget keep a copy of it hidden somewhere. And, don't forget where you hid the copy in case you forget it.

As for the Blackberry password, from what I read if the password is lost there is no possible way to recover it or bypass it. After the 10th attempt which is the default number of available tries the phone will be wiped clean.

If there was a bypass for the phone's password this would be a terrible security risk. Then anyone who wants to gain entry to the phone will be able to bypass the passord and exploit the phone.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Pablo987

Well that's good news cause I already accidentilly wiped it. I was sure that I had it but then I tried and failed. Ironically now that I know that it was wrong I think I actually know what the true password was... I hate how that works that way!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Pablo987

Ok how about this. My device has been wiped and I restored my old version which is only april 2012 so not too bad... but the media card still has a password on it and I can't remember that either... is there anyway to get past this password? Even if I fail 5 times it just tells me it won't give me access I still can't access it. Any advice?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,883
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Pablo987 wrote:

but the media card still has a password on it and I can't remember that either... is there anyway to get past this password? Even if I fail 5 times it just tells me it won't give me access I still can't access it. Any advice?

Check your Options > Security and turn off ENCRYPYTION on your media.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Pablo987

Yeah I tried this but it still has a lock on the media card. I tried taking it to a phone unlocking place but they said I should be able to just reformatt the media card on my computer if my phone is unplugged but it won't let me. Does anyone know any way to either reformat a media card that is password protected so that I can use it again?

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Remove the SIM card from the device and using a card adaptor on the PC, reformat the card.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
theoginting
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: Tmobile

Please can somebody help me...i'm havin trouble with my bbm group
Please use plain text.
JSanders

Theo, how is BBM group related to the topic of this thread, a lost or stolen BlackBerry?

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
moni-l
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: A1

My phone was recently stolen and it is not possible for me to get a new blackberry anytimes soon.

Is there anyway to retrive backup data(or atleast my address book) from blackberry protect onto a Mac? 

Please use plain text.