Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10

MAJOR bug in new device software upgrade

Yesterday I updated my device software on the 9900 to the latest and greatest and

when I reply to an email I get the reply window and I can type a reply but the SEND function has disappeared. I can only save and not send. It gives me three options. save, full menu and switch application.. IN full menu mode there is no "send" !!!!!!

You have to be kidding !!!

I have rebooted, battery off and tried it with several emails.. I can send a new email but not reply..

OMG !!!

Regular Contributor

Re: MAJOR bug in new device software upgrade

actually new emails look like they are sent but the clock is now besides them and the ability to resend has dissappeared as well

Regular Contributor

you have to wipe the device and reinstal the previous version of device software and request your carrier resend the service book and then it will work on the old OS.

I went through it with the carrier and we resent service books, wiped this etc etc and it didn't work. The only solution was downgrading to the old OS and then it worked.

I do not recommend you install the new device software !! My 9900 is clean and I do not run all sorts of apps on it. basically email and phone and the weather network..

Flawed and untested update

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2267), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing this experience, along with your remedy. But, to be of most value to others, please specify the exact version you installed..."the latest" is not a finite value...it differs for different devices and carriers (each carrier controls the release of the OS to their users). To best help others, the exact version you updated to would be most useful:

• KB23393 How to check the model number and version of the operating system on a BlackBerry smartphone

Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor

The version I was running initially was:

7.1 bundle 2108 (v7.1.0.746) Platform 5.1.0.546)

I upgraded as per a desktop manager request to:

7.1 bundle 2807 (v7.1.0.1033) Platform 5.1.0.692)

I have returned to bundle 2108

I performed battery out reboots and then talked to the tech with my carrier (Rogers). We deleted the service book from my 9900 and then he resent it and I was re-registered on their network. I was able to BBM and text and could receive emails but when I would reply  I woud be able to type in a response but there was no send label any more.

If I sent out a new email from my adressbook it would appear as it had gone out but I would be able to see a square box with a clock in it instead of the check mark beside the email. When I went to that message I would normally be able to see a menu item which said "resend" but that menu option had disappeared.

When downgrading to bundle 2108 the full functionality of thephone returned.

Hall of Famer II

Thanks!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Regular Contributor

you are welcome :-)

I seemed to be challenged when it comes to upgrades. I was one of the first to install last years new desktop manager software.... the version that got recalled.....

Beyond that I do want a Q10 :-)

Hall of Famer II

wilwoods wrote:

I seemed to be challenged when it comes to upgrades. I was one of the first to install last years new desktop manager software.... the version that got recalled.....

Note please that you are not restricted to only your carriers OS packages. Via the proper tricks, you can use any carriers OS package, as long as it's for your specific model number BB. But, without those proper tricks, the "automatic process" will prevail, and you will only be offered OS levels that your specific carrier has sanctioned. It is possible that, for example, they (your carrier) chose to release a version with this bug, but another carrier may have a later version without that same bug. Of course, since it's the carriers who hold responsibility for release of the OS, they also hold responsibility for release notes about the OS...and they tend to fail quite miserably on that point.

wilwoods wrote:

Beyond that I do want a Q10 :-)

Can't help you there!

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates